Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MK9 G10 Grips

So if someone creates the Solidworks file and shares it we could in theory source the production of a set on our own?

Quote Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
    So if someone creates the Solidworks file and shares it we could in theory source the production of a set on our own?
    Yes, but one or a handful at a time would be pricy. I was thinking of running a decent lot of them and would make them available to folks.

Even better! I think there's a definite market.

Someone suggested contacting Highfigure Grips, I did and his reply was that he thought it would be about 10 hours worth of labor to create and would be at least $300 for a set. I am guessing that is the price for a one off set in wood and more or less hand made not CNC'ed.

Thought I would pass that along.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    I've been working with Solidworks lately. I can take a shot at putting the grips into a 3D model and getting some machined. If folks are interested, I could have something the first quarter of 2015. I'm close enough to Bawanna that maybe he would help on the project.

Looking at my MK9 though, it doesn't look very difficult to model the grips.
    I'm definitely interested - I'd be thrilled if I could get a reasonably priced set of G10 grip for my MK9 that were somewhat patterned after a VZ Operator (without stepping on VZ's legal toes)

I'd definitely be interested in this.

Last week I was focused on getting over the flu. I have one other part design to finish, and then starting on grips.

Awesome! There is a definite market!

Last week I was focused on getting over the flu. I have one other part design to finish, and then starting on grips.

What do you have in mind?

are you looking for investors???? I got $27.32......
    ​O|||||||O