Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: MK9 G10 Grips

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    It isn't a "prohibition," we like GA frames too!

The grips on the GA are thicker, the same as the K series grips. The change Kahr made allowed them to narrow the grips but it took adding the boss to give the screw material to hold onto. If you grind the boss off, the screw will push right through the grip.

You might be able to find, or make, a wafer head type of screw, grind off the boss, and grind relief into the backside where you could epoxy in a washer to the back of the grip or something to give the screw something to tighten against. It would take checking that the head of the screw wouldn't be sticking up above the surface of the grip, hence the wafer head.
    Thanks for your quick response. Much appreciated.

Okay, it sounds like this may be a more difficult process than I'd expected. Bummer....

Hallelujah! Checked my MK9 this morning, and was thrilled to find it's a series GC. G10 grips are already ordered and on the way!

Does anyone know if Lakeline is going out of business? I find it surpising that they do not have MK9 grips available, being that they are the manufacturer? Really want to order some, along with a mag sleeve and follower.

Sorry, actually Al from LL just contacted me. More are being made. Yay!

MK grips, actually both MK and K series grips aren't very fast sellers for us. I've found a source for some of the colored layers in the G10, so have been working on that. They aren't our highest priority, but I will get them done. I'm a fan of the metal Kahrs.

Thanks,
    Al
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Thanks Al! I appreciate the response and contact. I wish they were better sellers, as a metal Kahr fan myself. Anxiously waiting!

I ordered MK9 grips from kahr. I hope they are in stock, not a drop ship scenario?

Lakelinellc.com 2 versions of G10 slabs available. I have the black and gray on my mk9. Awesome fit and gripping is perfect.