Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this how we support our troops?

Quote Originally Posted by codegeek View Post
    The rules of engagement were broken. It doesn't matter what the three terrorists were and were not. Soldiers are expected to follow orders, even if said orders result in their death. That's the way of the best military in the world.
    Spoken like a true liberal. Put your son or daughter on the front line.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Stuff the rules of engagement where the light doesn't shine! War is hell and innocent people get killed right alongside the enemy. Better this way to make it short and decisive. There are so many rules of engagement that every soldier would have to be either a lawyer or politician to remember them. Hey, maybe that's not such a bad idea after all, every soldier has to be a politician or lawyer. That lieutenant is getting shafted for trying to protect his men! That's the thanks he's getting for being a career soldier.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

ISIS has no rules of engagement, do they?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

+1 John. Spot on.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    ISIS has no rules of engagement, do they?
    In a way, they do and it's easy to remember, KILL every living thing within range of their guns. ISIS reminds me of the ancient Mongols. Their rules of engagement were simple too: Surrender or die. Why aren't our rules of engagement simple too?
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    In a way, they do and it's easy to remember, KILL every living thing within range of their guns. ISIS reminds me of the ancient Mongols. Their rules of engagement were simple too: Surrender or die. Why aren't our rules of engagement simple too?
    Because our politicians don't want us to win. It doesn't get any more simple than that.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Because our politicians don't want us to win. It doesn't get any more simple than that.
    So true. It is all about winning the hearts and minds, not killing our enemies.

As bad as our ROE's are you wouldn't believe how bad the UK's were. I had the opportunity to talk with a number of coalition folks while in Iraq and I was amazed that any service member of the UK would even serve under their ROE's. I was at l east allowed to protect myself after being attacked. Those poor sods from the UK basically were told to shelter in place until it could be determined that they were truly in danger and then a plan would be devised on how to rescue them safely.

Well, maybe not quite that bad but it was pretty damn close!

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Spoken like a true liberal. Put your son or daughter on the front line.
    Spoken like a true idiot. If you can't handle obeying orders, than the boy's or girl scouts might be more up your alley.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Quote Originally Posted by codegeek View Post
    Spoken like a true idiot. If you can't handle obeying orders, than the boy's or girl scouts might be more up your alley.
    I'd like to apologize to muggsy. My reaction to his name calling and appeal to emotion was to "name call and appeal to emotion", not at all constructive for an adult conversation. As a result of this, i am placing myself in timeout. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Stay safe out there.
    (this space intentionally left blank)