Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: New Kahr CW380 owner range report

Default New Kahr CW380 owner range report

Took the new CW380 out for a test drive today. 50 rounds of PMC FMJ with perfect performance from the Kahr. No misfeeds, FTF, or jams to report. Liked the way the pistol handled for such a small frame. Very pleased so far.
    Only issue is this - factory 6 round magazine would not drop readily. Just a slight downward bump would get it to fall but it didn't want to fall on it's own for some reason. I had cleaned the pistol and the mag prior to use. The mag had some sticky residue on it from the factory. I also have two 7 round mags but have not tried those yet.
    Any other users experience this problem with new mags and have any guidance ?

Thanks, and glad to be a part of your forums !

That mag issue is pretty common with new Kahrs. Haven't heard it in a while though. After a while the plastic rails in the mag well and the mag itself polish themselves up and things work fine. On my CM9 I ended up doing the mag squeeze treatment and I use Johnson's Paste Wax on the mag and the mag well. I would avoid the "sand the rails in the mag well" treatment. In time the mags will drop free just fine. On my P380 the mags drop free every time.

Welcome to Kahr Talk!

A reliable pocket .380 is a joy to own. Perhaps a Kahr .380 especially so.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you. Would silicone spray help with this, or should I just wait until it wears in ? If not silicone, the paste wax is the ticket ?

And thanks Bill for the welcome.

Either way will be good. I also spent a good amount of time just quickly inserting and releasing an empty mag too. That helped. Just don't hold the gun in your lap while you're doing it...it'll look like you're doing something else.