Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: Off to the range!

Default Off to the range!

The wife and I are headed to the range in a few minutes. Time to try out the new to me, S&W Model 19, and the new 92FS INOX....
    Plus, I tossed the SR22 and on of the 1911s in the bag.

Reports to follow...
    A couple Colts, a couple Brownings, a Makarov, a Sig, a couple Rugers, a couple Kahrs, a couple Smith & Wessons, a Walther, and a couple Berettas .....Oh, and some long guns...

Hang on to that 19. I'm guessing your wife will really like that heavy K frame. There's a reason they were so popular for so long. Have fun.

Safe Shooting.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

+1 on that 19, superb handguns
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

The model 19 revolver was the first revolver I ever shot and the revolver that got me liking revolvers. Until then, I just couldn't see it.

You guys were correct, the model 19 was just great fun to shoot. Did some factory .38 specials, and a handful of .357 rounds, but loved the DEWC, low powered hand loads...
    Also had fun with the SR22, the new Beretta 92FS and one of my 1911s...

The wife trying out the 92FS:

I am no marksman, but here is one target from today at 25 feet. Upper left and right is the new Beretta 92FS with some Herter's ammo. Center is one of my 1911s with some hard cast 230grain round nose bullets, and the bottom right and left is the model 19 with some 148 DEWC w/4 grains of Unique...
    A couple Colts, a couple Brownings, a Makarov, a Sig, a couple Rugers, a couple Kahrs, a couple Smith & Wessons, a Walther, and a couple Berettas .....Oh, and some long guns...

Nice shootin'.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper