Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Where Can I get a 380 Follower Only?

Default Where Can I get a 380 Follower Only?

I want to experiment a bit with the follower and have seen mention on other threads that they cost around $6. I can't find any on the Kahr
    site without buying a spring. Are they available elsewhere?

http://www.kahr.com/Parts/Kahr-P380.asp

The followers are $11 w/o the spring. Scroll down and left click on magazine parts.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I took mine out when I installed the MagGuts kit, if I can find it you can just have it though.
    I might have tossed it with the kit packaging though..... i will let you know this evening if I still have it.

Muggsy: I overlooked that section of the site. Heres the one I where it lists both spring and flollower for $9.99. Doesn't make much sense. Furthermore, its $12.70 shipping.

Esco: even if you can't find it, the kind offer is appreciated.

The experiment I wanted to do is file the hump off the follower so that its straight. The first bullet in the mag on mine does not nose dive when slingshotted, but cocks up instead. As I mentioned earlier, the mags of three other brands I have are all flat which
    leads me to want to try that with the CW380.

no problem,

I have seen where people file them flat to correct the feeding problems but I just liked the MagGuts design better.

well i have bad news, I cannot find the thing anywhere so its most likely in the garbage. sorry,

Appreciate the effort. I'll just cancel my experiment for now. Not worth $23 to me at this point since I'm not having a problem with my Cw380; its just that its fun to try different
    things and modifying the follower struck my fancy.

PS: Had not looked at Maggut system til just now, after you mentioned you're using it.
    Are folks finding it reliable?

It has worked for me, sometimes it takes a bit of knee slapping to coax that extra round in, so I just put the normal 6 in there.
    the follower they use and the stronger spring pressure has stopped the nose diving problem I was having though.
    and if you bend the Slide stop lever contact part up a tiny bit you get a more positive lock back.
    is it worth the $20... in my opinion, not if your mag is already reliable.

Thanks Esco; good to know information in case I decide at a later time to give Maggut a try. Have sanded down one of my followers as described it other threads, but not quite as much. Thought I'd do a bit at a time. If the rain will stop tomorrow long enough I'll go outside and blow off some WWB rounds to make sure it works. If I screw it up, then I'll order a Maggut rather than another Kahr follower.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas.