Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: Understanding the 1911 trigger

Default Understanding the 1911 trigger

I have always been fascinated by the 1911 and the tuning that could be done to the trigger on these guns. All 1911's I have are and only range guns so I always look for a sweet trigger but too understand how the trigger, sear, disconnecter , hammer,and the sear spring all come together for the finial package is something that is some what mysterious. Do one thing and another changes. I’m always a student of the gun and to work on the 1911 trigger system you do need specialized tools for doing these things. Some guys wouldn’t warrant buying the tools, as for myself I would and to understand how to use them. As I said I just love the 1911, and you can take them along way to fit you own needs of shooting. So looking around I found this video that makes a lot of sense of how one thing effects another not the final answer but gives food for thought. For a gun that was designed over a hundred years ago it still is among the best. Even if you’re your not into tricking out he trigger it’s a good idea to understand how it works. How the man John Moses Browning could have done this in his time is absolutely incredible and so much more that he has done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWE_OG9X9GE
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Years ago I wanted to understand the 1911 so I built my own from an 80% casting. Hand fitted all the parts to get it just right. I had to buy and try several mainsprings to get the right trigger pull. It turned out to be a sweet shooter. Here's an animation of the trigger process. The file was too large to display here.

http://i.imgur.com/UOuoGvn.gif

Ditto