Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Just bought a K9 Black at my LGS....my first Kahr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Just bought a K9 Black at my LGS....my first Kahr

Found this at my LGS for $375. I thought the price was okay and the gun, though well used, was in good condition; use, but not abuse. I'm looking forward to seeing how we get along at the range. It came with box and papers although the bottom foam seems to be missing from the box. It's 1997 based on the receipt that was int he box. The original owner paid $450 for it in 1997.

Nice buy. The early carbon steel K9s are real workhorses. Looks like it was never carried. That's a sweet find... enjoy.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Very nice. I likely would have picked it up for that price. Please let us know how you like it when you have a chance to try it out.

Ah, so this is carbon steel and not black stainless? How are the eight round magazines, realiable, or stick with the seven round?

There are two types of 8 round mag. Both work in the K9. One has a extended base to act as a front strap and the other is just a longer tube and meant for the longer grip "T" models. My first Kahr was an early carbon steel, black K9. It had a longer trigger pull than I liked but it was reliable as could be. Let us know how she shoots.

Here's mine. It's a he, (has wood).
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

ive nonoticed some k9s with a serpentine cut around the slide stop pin. is this a stainless steel thing or just a newer design?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGWolf View Post
    ive nonoticed some k9s with a serpentine cut around the slide stop pin. is this a stainless steel thing or just a newer design?
    That is how I knew your Kahr was an early carbon steel model... one of the very first K9s made. This frame shape change was made when the frames went to stainless. Some early models will have a combination of new frame and old carbon steel slide, and maybe vice/versa. Nowadays both are stainless. Carbon steel not used anymore.

How do you distinquish the carbon steel slides?

They are on the early carbon steel frames, and they are that dull nitrite looking black. Stainless not in use yet.

Nice pistol.