CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock single stack 9mm Model 40

Default Glock single stack 9mm Model 40

I saw an interesting set of pictures at the range couple of days ago. It was a Glock model 40, single stack 9mm. It's bigger than the 42 with a 1.02 inch slide I think. I have no other details because it was quite busy in there.

It reminded me very very much of the S&W M&P Shield. Smith & Wesson look out, big time competition is coming in January if this early info is correct.

OOPS..........Looks like I should have put this under the "Other firearms" topic. Sorry. I'm using my newbe card this time.

I read Glock purposely skipped naming anything the Glock 40, do to the term "Glock 40" being synonymous with a 40 caliber Glock. If Glock has designed a single stack 9mm, it will be a big announcement, and the likelihood of a leak is slim.

There's a single stack market there for Glock to expand in to. I suspect they are working on it. On the other hand they will be up for some stiff competition as well: Shield, Kahr, etc. If they want to compete with Kahr, they will need to be very small and very precise...things that Glock is not known for. On the OTHER other hand they will have a lot of loyal followers chomping at the bit. Choice is good.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by JustinN View Post
    I read Glock purposely skipped naming anything the Glock 40, do to the term "Glock 40" being synonymous with a 40 caliber Glock. If Glock has designed a single stack 9mm, it will be a big announcement, and the likelihood of a leak is slim.

I agree with your assessment totally, but if you saw these pictures, there was a very real looking GLOCK 40 on that slide. This range has had scoops before, and could be connections at Glock also. I'll believe him till he burns me. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm admitting the possibility of a spoof. We'll see next month.
    Last edited by Garo; 12-24-2014 at 05:36 PM.

If Glock builds it they will sell in droves to the kool aid drinkers/.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I don't doubt it will eventually happen, but I really don't see it being named the Glock 40....

Truthfully I have been hearing single stack Glock 9mm coming in January '15 since early summer. Since the 42 came out actually.

I don't need a Glock Fotay, or any other Glock. I already like the CM9 for CCW, and I prefer my Ruger SR9 and SR9c to the Glock 17 and 19.
    I'm a lead farmer mother ******!

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    If Glock builds it they will sell in droves to the kool aid drinkers/.
    I like grape!

I'll stick with my beloved Bersa BP9cc.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101