CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fear of pulling the Trigger and buying a CW390/P380 Advice needed

No, I would not buy one again. However, there are no guarantees of a trouble-free pocket sized 380, regardless of the manufacturer.

My CW380 had return to battery failures from day 1. While it was back at Kahr for repair, I picked up a new generation LCP. Took it straight from the sales counter to the range line and it performed as it should. Has performed fine with FMJ, JHP, and flat-nosed bullets. My CW380 came back from Kahr and was better but still had battery failures with some hollow points and flat-nosed ammo so I sold it.

Anecdotally, after visiting several Ruger forums, the LCP seems to have fewer problems out of the box than the Kahr. There are trade-offs between the two but I decided to stay with the LCP.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I would buy again. I also had concerns of reliability . Previously I had bought a CM9 and a CW45. All are fine after initial break in. In addition to what the others have said,the .380 will cost more to break in because of the ammo expense and it might not like all ammo. For me, the Kahr 380 has much less muzzle flip than I would have thought. It fits my small hands well ,and I like the Kahr's triggers. I don't carry if often because there is almost no time when I can not carry my CM9. For me personally, I would choose a CM9 over the CW380. More power, less ammo expense, and while noticeable, not much size and weight difference. I mostly pocket carry, and also IWB carry, but when I do I usually carry the CW45.

My LCP was perfect, ate everything I fed it, but I hated to shoot it. I bought the cw380 instead of a stainless lcp and never looked back. Found ammo it liked ( really ammo it didn't like) shot the 2 side by side and sold the lcp. My wife opened her new cw380 w/purple frame this morning.........(Santa ran 50 flawless rounds through it b4 wrapping it).

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by NECW380 View Post
    I just ordered a CW380 for $239 from (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ack-cw380.html) Palmetto State Armory... so if you have an FFL who does transfers, this would be a good option since they seem to run quite a bit more in stores. I ordered before Christmas, so mine won't ship until the new year, but I'm anxious.

That's a fantastic price for a CW380...I think I may have paid close to 100 dollars more.

That being said, thanks for the link to PSA. I regretted selling my Sig P238 earlier this year and saw they have one for an absolute steal...I mean like 220 plus less than most other places. I thought I'd be ponying up over 600 bucks even with my military discount at the Sig Pro Shop for another. The PSA price smokes that.

My first order from PSA and I've heard some so so stories about them but hoping this order goes off without a hitch.

Thanks for spending my $$ lol

Great Info guys thank you so much... so far im considering 3 choices the Khar CW380 the Diamond Back DB380 Gen 2, and the Ruger LCP Gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by mainenwo View Post
    Great Info guys thank you so much... so far im considering 3 choices the Khar CW380 the Diamond Back DB380 Gen 2, and the Ruger LCP Gen 2
    Before you do that, handle a CM/PM9. Seriously.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Research the Diamondback productl I think you'll find they are very problematic with poor service.
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.

From personal experience I would steer away from the db 380,it looks and feels great,hell the fit and finish was better than my cw380 but their reputation is horrible,their parts availability sucks and their being run by Taurus now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mainenwo View Post

My P380 went back three times. Broken striker, light strikes and it finally recieved a new frame. Now about 800 straight rounds without any problem at all. Dan