Tommy Gun   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am SO glad I read this forum before buying a PM9193

Quote Originally Posted by Nytcrawler93 View Post
    So, to summarize, 1. Highly accurate. 2. Keep one in the pipe. 3. Keep mags clean. 4. Make sure mags are seated.
    Good advice.

Now with a bit more trigger time, you'll be shootin' ragged holes at 7 yds.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

I picked up a used Black Diamond PM9 last year. Guy said it was only a few months old, and the condition supported that. But you never can tell. After jumping through hoops (both back to the factory) to get my 2 P380's humming along smoothly, I was a little bit apprehensive about what I would see with the PM9.

I was pleasantly surprised … no issues … have not had to do anything. I can not swear that there has never been a stovepipe with a dirty gun at the end of a long shooting session with a particular ammo. But if it has, it is so rare that I don't recall any failures.

My PM9 has become my most carried CCW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron AZ View Post
    I picked up a used Black Diamond PM9 last year. Guy said it was only a few months old, and the condition supported that. But you never can tell. After jumping through hoops (both back to the factory) to get my 2 P380's humming along smoothly, I was a little bit apprehensive about what I would see with the PM9.

I was pleasantly surprised … no issues … have not had to do anything. I can not swear that there has never been a stovepipe with a dirty gun at the end of a long shooting session with a particular ammo. But if it has, it is so rare that I don't recall any failures.
    This mirrors my own experience with a PM9.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Nytcrawler93 View Post
    Here is the rest of the story from the range. 150 rounds WWB 115grain. 50 rounds Sellier and Bellot. No fails that I can contribute to the gun. I had one instance where the second round did not release the striker only to find out the mag was not seated. I think this was me. The gun is WAY more accurate than I am. Like I said before, a proficient shooter can cover a 4-5 shot group with a thumb at 21 ft and I did that a couple times today. Problem is, I can't do it mag after mag. Overall, I can easily keep a pie plate at 21ft. When Kahr says to carry with one in the pipe, do it. Mine is 100% reliable with one in the pipe. The only reliability type thing I have ran across is sometimes the round will nose dive on the 7 rounder when putting the first round in. It would load if I slapped the bottom of the mag. When I got home, I disassembled the mag and found a LOT of gunk in the mag and on the follower. I cleaned it and manually cycled 5 mag loads through. Problem disappeared. I highly recommend anyone with over 400 rounds to disassemble the mags and do the same thing. I like the new night sights and on the first 9 mags I noticed a huge difference in my shooting. Towards the end, I only noticed the front sight. Hopefully, these posts will help someone trying to decide on a Kahr or someone who has minor issues and needs help figuring it out. So, to summarize, 1. Highly accurate. 2. Keep one in the pipe. 3. Keep mags clean. 4. Make sure mags are seated.
    I'll take it a step further: I highly recommend to disassemble and clean all new magazines for any gun. Just like a new gun, you've got to clean out any manufacturing debris, packing lubricants, and post production gunk. I noticed that the PM9 mags had an almost tacky feel to them when brand new, likely some sort of coating for storage/shipping. Disassembly and a light wipe down of the parts with Rand CLP then a dry rag, reassembly, and they were good to go. Squeaky clean smooth.

My experience with the PM9193 has been exemplary. I had 1 FTE at about 70 rounds, and zero issues since then with well over 1,000 accurate rounds down the pipe. Great gun! It is my EDC and I trust it completely.

Oh, and the enhanced trigger? Wonderful. Moderate take up with a true predictable break.

Tim

Glad you're enjoying your new PM9. I bought a new one in December which now has over 1000 trouble free rounds of thru it, of all ammo types. Mine is the no safety version, that comes with a Crimson Trace laser. I got a smoking hot deal on it, $525 shipped. This gun has far exceeded my expectations and is my most trusted carry gun. It has the reliability of a Glock, and it fits in my pocket no matter what pants I wear. I should have bought 2 while they were at that price.

As as far as cleaning mags, I've always found that wiping the insides and spring with silicone spray on a swab after cleaning makes a big difference.

The only mod I've made is to add the grip panels from their website. They're excellent, I wish that company made them for my other guns. I will probably add tru-glo tfx sights at some point.