Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am SO glad I read this forum before buying a PM9193

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up I am SO glad I read this forum before buying a PM9193

New Kahr owner here but plenty of firearms experience. I bought a PM9, model PM9193. If I had not read about these before buying, it would have gotten returned immediately. It looked great, came with 3 mags and was impressive to look at. When I racked the slide though, it felt gritty and had what I would call hitches in the action. This normally would have alarmed me to the point of rejecting the sale. After reading others accounts of buying one I decided to give it a try even with the grit. When I got home, I racked the slide around a 100 times and then disassembled to get the grease out of the gun. It was SUPER tight to disassemble. I cleaned it thoroughly and dry lubed, greased, and oiled only in the recommended areas. After working the slide about 100 more times, it smoothed out. It REALLY smoothed out and the trigger felt like it was about 1/3 the travel of the P9 I tried right next to it (I am assuming that is due to the enhanced trigger). I will get it to the range this week with a full report and take some pics. Still not sure how I feel about the sights and the safety. I am used to Novaks and a 1911 sweep DOWN to disengage safety. I love the trigger pull and plan to try 200 rounds of NATO spec 9mm and two mags of Black Talons to break it in. I also want to try some police Sellier and Bellot which people claim have hard primers. The Black Talon ammo is old and the plating is getting nasty so I will shoot it up. So, thank you all for having an insightful forum which kept me from judging this pistol prematurely.

Hope it works to your satisfaction.

Bought my PM9 right after the model was introduced. Only had a couple failures to return to battery (minor) right out of the box. No prep or nothin'. Ran like a champ all the years I had it before passing it on to one of my sons.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Congratulations. This is a very helpful forum, and glad you too have found it so. Hope you stick around. Look forward to your range report.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstate View Post
    Congratulations. This is a very helpful forum, and glad you too have found it so. Hope you stick around. Look forward to your range report.
    I went to the range this morning. 100 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 115 grain FMJ, 50 rounds Black Talon 127 grain, 25 rounds of Winchester White Box, 100 rounds Winchester 124 grain NATO FMJ. ZERO failures of any kind. No FTE, no FTRTB, No nothing. Accuracy was good if I took my time. I blew through a lot of ammo just to blow through the break in period. So much for reliability issues for a new PM9. My first post covered what I did before going to the range. I took pics of what the weapon looked like after the visit and how it cleaned up. I am a satisfied customer.

Here are the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can definitely tell I was getting sloppy after 200 rounds. Plus, it was an indoor range and the people next to me had to have a howitzer. Not bad for all shots at 21 ft with such a small gun. I think the gun is more accurate than me. I had a hard time with the sights. I think my astigmatism was screwing with me a bit. It kept blurring the line on the rear and the dot on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytcrawler93 View Post
    You can definitely tell I was getting sloppy after 200 rounds. Plus, it was an indoor range and the people next to me had to have a howitzer. Not bad for all shots at 21 ft with such a small gun. I think the gun is more accurate than me. I had a hard time with the sights. I think my astigmatism was screwing with me a bit. It kept blurring the line on the rear and the dot on the front.
    You might need glasses with a bit of prism to correct for the astigmatism. At 21 feet I can regularly keep seven rounds within a three inch circle at 21 feet when I'm fresh. Your experience with the PM9 is similar to my experience with the poor man's CM9.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Congrats on your new Kahr! You got a good one out of the box, that's great.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

With my Colt Rail Gun, which has Novak's, I can 10 ring at 30 ft all day. Also, that target is smaller than it appears.

I was also shooting way faster than I normally would just to finish the boxes of ammo.