CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: negligence

There is so little detail and I don't trust most media accounts about what happened in cases like this especially at the very beginning.

1. What model and caliber handgun? (I expect a small caliber, probably .380, striker fired, polymer handgun)
    2. Was it in a holster? (I expect not)
    3. Was the purse actually in the cart with the child or was she carrying it and the child reached in anyway?
    4. Did the child actually take the gun out or simply reach into the purse and the trigger was engaged by something else because there was no holster?

I wonder if anyone local has any more information?

the gun I saw in a news article was a S&W M&P Shield. the Shield is now offered in both thumb safety and no safety. it does have a version of the renouned "safety trigger".
    another popular gun the Ruger LC9 now comes in a version, the LC9s, "s" for striker fired, this is available with or without the safety. the no safety version is called the "pro" model.
    I've shot the top of the line of this genre of gun, the Walther PPQ. wow! what a trigger. almost as good as a 1911 race gun. I wouldn't carry anything like that. I'd be fudging my shorts just standing around somebody who had a loaded one in their hand. I hope all the gun company lawyers are on top of this fast trigger stuff, get out and earn their $200/hr.
    (when I started shooting Kahrs, I whinned about the trigger, now I love it. in fact Kahrs might be a little to light and smooth. maybe a good starter gun would be a SCCY, or Kel-Tec P11, or Taurus hammerless revolver.)