Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got my first Kahr CT9

Welcome! I too coated my CW9 since I wanted too add my personal touches to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by addictedhealer View Post
    Kinda tired of the whole court and lawyer dance about gun modifications. Trayvon matin case was one of the biggest in the nation and they didn't talk about the gun in the slightest.

A good shoot is a good shoot.

Do what you want to your gun. I have a cw9 and have done a few "upgrades" to it.
    Actually that is not true.... The prosecutor, John Guy, during the opening statements made a big deal that zimmerman carried a live round in the chamber. Trying to imply Malice on Zimmerman's part.. CNN Nancy Grace on her show made a big stink over the fact that the PF9 had no manual safety. The Kel Tec PF9 is a DAO pistol. They also covered the Seller & bellot 9mm hollow points that zimmerman used, however the defense team, along with material witness Mark Olsterman, who was the federal air marshall who trained zimmerman done a suburb job of squashing the DA's claims about the pistol/ammo.

C'mon people.. This is public record....It was on live TV for crying out loud... it's not hard to get educated on this subject...

Quote Originally Posted by addictedhealer View Post
    Kinda tired of the whole court and lawyer dance about gun modifications.
    I believe Muggsy was talking about cops taking ANY gun away from you if you had to use it, not just modified ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck54 View Post
    WOW tell me where the Gen 2 Kahrs are available I can't seem to locate one.
    They are not available until 2nd quarter 2016

Thanks ElMateo...........much more helpful than the other reply.

Quote Originally Posted by RonW View Post
    As for these other comments regarding using it for self defense, cops taking it away from you, courts bla bla bla.... In all honestly, unless you guys have credible first hand experience that you can back up & share with us...I'd take it with a grain of salt for what it is... Nothing but air.. Now if you want my advice...

Here it is,
    Educate yourselves first on the law.
    If you ever god forbid get involved in a shooting, tell the truth. You were a victim of a felony assault and have no choice but to use deadly force in defending yourself from serious harm/death. You tell the truth & it will set you free. Literally. Tell your lawyer (in Texas, any deaths go before a grand jury, if they return a no true bill, you're free, and you get your gun back) If the grand jury deciedes otherwise, then tell your lawyer that you going to use affirmative defense, if he says otherwise, fire him. If you feel that using affirmative defense on your behalf is not the way to go.. well.... face it you might have screwed up & really do in fact... need a good lawyer
    I expect a bunch of ridiculous comments, so by all means guys/gals... go for it...
    Glad to oblige. Have you ever heard the words, "Anything that you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"? If you are involved in a shooting the first thing that your lawyer is going tell you is to keep your mouth shut. If the police question you tell them that your in shock, but that you will give them a full statement later in the presence of your lawyer. The most innocent of comments can get you a life sentence in prison. The most innocent of comments can cost you everything that you own in a civil case. If you don't believe me, view this video. You've possibly offered the worst advice ever given out on this website. I suggest that you take your own advice and learn something about the law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
    Last edited by muggsy; 12-28-2015 at 07:35 PM.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by jpshaw View Post
    I believe Muggsy was talking about cops taking ANY gun away from you if you had to use it, not just modified ones.
    That's correct JP. The police will take the gun that you use and hold it as evidence. It may bang around in an property room for months before you get it back. Guns have even been known to disappear from property rooms on occasion. My CC gun is a down and dirty inexpensive CM9. The only modifications that were performed were done to enhance performance. A five pound striker spring and a few polished parts.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Many folks don't carry their favorite guns for this very fear. If your in a shooting, even a solid good shoot, your gun will most likely be tied up a minimum of 1 year and usually longer. Even an officers gun is gone for a year but of course they are issued a replacement.

I used to have this fear myself for awhile but got over it. It's like buying nice clothes and then never wearing them for fear you might get em dirty.

I put my Cbob away for a spell cause it would be difficult and expensive to replace but then I thought, you know what bug it. Chance's are I'll never get in a shooting and if I do, we'll figure it out when the time comes.

Also looking cool is absolutely job one with me. Above all else so I have to take care of that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Col., how do you look cool when your gun is concealed? I always try to blend in with the woodwork. I never wear anything that shouts I have a gun. The only place that I display my wears is at the range and I'm always aware of who's watching. To me a carry gun is just a tool.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    You've possibly offered the worst advice ever given out on this website. I suggest that you take your own advice and learn something about the law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
    And you sir, just offered the worse advice and possibly the worse video example to back up your ignorance.... To understand & know the law, will keep you from even putting oneself in that situation to begin with... If you are assaulted, you have a right to self defense, you are a victim, you report the crime... Someone dies at your hand, you refuse to talk, can be and probably will be interpreted as possible guilt... If you feel that in lawfully defending yourself against a violent felony attack that it is best to keep quite and not talk to the polce then you sir are a fool... You tell the police what happened, you tell them "the witness's are right there" (if any) you tell them you will sign the complaint... It will go before a grand jury regardless, that is automatice in the state of Texas in any death, if they return a "no true bill" , then there has been found no crime commited.... If they feel that a crime occured, then you're in trouble.. maybe in fact you did screw up. Regardless, if you ever wind up in court, you claim "affirmative defense", ie; you tell the truth and that puts the burden of proof in the prosecutors lap, they have to prove you were neglient... and you preach to me about the law?

I sure hope you don't ever get in trouble...I'm finished with you