Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: Brand New 2015 Desert Eagle in Stainless Steel

Default Brand New 2015 Desert Eagle in Stainless Steel

Here it is fellas. I made a couple errors but fixed them with annotations. Can't wait for some range time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXpeOv7yFY

That is impressive looking. Looking forward to your range video.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sweet looking gun. Not sure how practical it is, maybe a good sidearm for bears and other large animals, but kind of overkill for use on bad guys. Especially if you live in a city, where stray shots can probably travel through walls possibly into the neighbors house and hit someone. I'll stick with my .45's, 40's and 9mm's. But that's just the practical standpoint.
    Hard to measure the fun and prestige of owning and shooting one.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

At over 4 lbs............................................... .I'd just use a rifle.

Hi,

This is exceptionally decent and wonderful post.
    I am very happy joined this forum.
    I like it exceptionally much....!!!!

Thanks alot...

__________________________________________________ _________________________

We provide fast success in www.pass4sure.co.uk dumps exam and ccnp lab by using our Tabor College high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success
    Last edited by Sumer; 02-26-2015 at 11:58 PM.

I was just looking through all the Desert Eagle specs and noticed they (previously) were all carbon steel.
    Granted, all of those had finishes like chrome which should ease any worries about rust, but nonetheless for my spendy guns I like stainless.

I assume they'll eventually make stainless offerings in other calibers, as I'm casually shopping for a 44mag. The bottom rail is not doing it for me right now, though.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye open for the stainless gun in .44 Mag. While I have enjoyed shooting the 50AE model, there's no way in the world I could afford to shoot 50AE even if I handloaded it. I have one revolver in 44, so the DE in 44 is on my watch list in the black finished steel version. I don't know if it's an option, but I'd prefer not to have the tac rail I see on the stainless models--not sure what they were thinking when they added that--although tripod comes to mind I suppose.
    If they could find a way to trim about 8-10 ounces of excess mass off the 44 model it would weigh the same as my 629, and I don't consider that too excessive for a gun intended to be a heavy and stable firearm shot from a rest.

To me it's every bit as practical as many of the big bore revolvers being produced--provided of course 50AE packs adequate punch for what you need. For shooting a few hundred rounds a week at paper, the DE in 44 is looking very attractive to me--stainless would quite possibly be the clincher.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    NRA Patron Member
    US Air Force 1975-1996

Having fired all Desert Eagle calibers they are nicely made guns. Not practical for anything except hunting and plinking IMHO. The 50AE DOES NOT allow double taps quickly.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up