Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock Perfection

The news said he was a firearms instructor.....Goes to show you that anybody can be a damn fool....The worst part of the whole 911 recording was when the operator asked him how old she was he had to turn around and ask her....."Honey I know we've been married a long time and you're bleedin real bad and all but how old are you".............Talk about adding insult to injury!!!....

I thought I heard that he actually only shot once when it was all said and done. Twice would not be out of the question though with the short trigger and a couple gallons of adrenaline flowing after the first shot.

I know my chief is down right scary with a firearm. More internet surfing than gun handling for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The Chief's gun gun was only fired once. I once suffered an intentional accidental discharge when I fired my gun at an indoor range without ear protection. I couldn't hear right for three days. I imagine that the result was the same for the Chief. The noise really rings your bell in a confined space.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't much care for DA/SA anymore, the DA is usually just a cocking round so you can get an accurate second shot.

I also don't consider any Kahr to be a Glock like trigger. The Kahr is extremely forgiving. If it goes off you made it go off on purpose.

Many of the Glock negligent fires are due to having to pull the trigger before you can take it down for cleaning. Amazing how many folks figure when you take the magazine out the gun is empty and forget that pesky little chamber.

Main reason they have clearing stations at the police academy and here at the PD. And lord help anyone that don't have the snout of that glock in it. I have one at my desk in fact.
    Amazingly we've never had a negligent discharge here yet, knock on wood or whatever your favorite knocking surface might be.
    Kahr is good DA revolver in drag. One of the things I like most about them.

I have two good, older Glocks. One of them I shoot well and both are in active service....as car/truck center console guns. I carry neither but if I were to do that I'd mod them with a thumb safety first.
    NRA Benefactor

PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. — The wife of Police Chief William E. McCollom has been upgraded from serious to fair condition after being shot by her husband on New Year's Day."

if all goes well she should be back home soon. any idea how much trouble Chief Billy is in? ever read about the Reign of Terror, how about the Inquisition?

The language in these articles irritates me. He fired once, so they say, "Investigators would not discuss what led McCollom to open fire." It makes it sound like he unloaded the whole magazine into her. All in all the language in this article is relatively neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
    I know of two people that have shot themselves in the leg while attempting to clean their Glock's. Granted, they were probably idiots too, but Glock's do seem to be involved in unintended shoots way more than other guns. Some of it can be chalked up to the popularity of them, but not all of it.
    When I read that someone shot themselves while cleaning their gun or shot someone else while cleaning their gun, I take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure it has happened, but it seems more like an excuse for why you had the gun in your hands to begin with. There was one very public case of a guy shooting himself in the hand while getting a Glock ready to clean. He acknowledges he had been careless. There were very graphic pictures of the results. It had partially to do with having to pull the trigger to disassemble.

I also knew one guy on another forum who had a very scary negligent discharge because he lay down to take a nap and took the Glock out of the holster and laid it on the bed beside him. I don't know why he thought that was a safe thing to do. Sheets or cover got into the trigger guard and in the course of moving around the gun fired because the trigger was pulled. This was from a first hand account on the forum from a higher reliable, long-term member who was the person to whom it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    The Chief's gun gun was only fired once. I once suffered an intentional accidental discharge when I fired my gun at an indoor range without ear protection. I couldn't hear right for three days. I imagine that the result was the same for the Chief. The noise really rings your bell in a confined space.
    Off subject and in the category of writers that don't know guns.....

I was reading a crime mystery novel once and the author described a scenario where the forensic anthropologist was in an enclosed stone underground room with only a small hatch as an entrance and the police officer with her was shooting rats with his 9mm handgun in the basement room. She irritated scolded him to stop.

I thought that was hilarious! That and when they describe someone "clicking off the safety" on a Glock. Yes, I did read that once. I think it was by the same author. I thought about writing and offering my services as a firearms consultant for the rest of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    The news said he was a firearms instructor.....Goes to show you that anybody can be a damn fool....The worst part of the whole 911 recording was when the operator asked him how old she was he had to turn around and ask her....."Honey I know we've been married a long time and you're bleedin real bad and all but how old are you".............Talk about adding insult to injury!!!....
    Perfectly understandable to me. Half the time I can't tell you how old I am and I haven't shot my wife yet. My wife tells me I'm 68 going on 18.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380