Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom triggers for Kahr CM9?

Joe A.
    Buy a cm45 and you'll have a longer trigger reach . OR take a hit from hickok45 and just shoot it . Some small pistols get shoot from the second pad on him and no one can say he shoots badly !

I to have lots of brands and style and don't really care what I pick up. 2lb sa on a .22lr , Tcp380 or dan Wesson 44mag in double action mode . Give me a few shoots and I'm fine with it .

I always finish any shooting section with my carry gun . Going from a 2lb sa trigger to my kahrs always takes a mag full to get my head back around it but then all is fine no matter if its my cm9 or tp40. They feel the same so all is well for CC . I never think about finger placement . How ever that finger sets is ok with me on my 9mm and 40sw kahrs and I had to check to see where that was . Its on the joint of the finger leaning toward the second pad . I don't shoot low left ether .

To many people work to hard to think thru what they perceive as a problem instead of just shooting how it feels best . Most problems are just a head game . Its not practical to place a finger the same on , say a cz da and a cm9 .

Cylinder and Slide grinds a radius - making it mostly round - on a Kahr trigger then the polish is to a mirror shine. I have shot original Cylinder and Slide triggers in Double Action revolvers. Your finger slides around the face of the trigger instead of catching on the outside edges. They work fantastic on the for rapid double action shooting. I have not tried it on a Kahr yet. This is 30 year old technology and can be done by many who are handy with tools and polishing. Another benefit of this design is that the pull tends to stay straighter since your finger does not rock from the outside to the inside since the most forward rounded part is always in center of the trigger.

Well this is an old thread but I'm having a bit of an issue with the trigger too. No matter how I hold my weapon my finger ends up rubbing on the trigger guard. Unless I pull the trigger at my knuckle. Otherwise after a hundred rounds or so I have a hole wore into my finger. I tried polishing the end of the trigger a bit as well as sanding the inside of the trigger guard some to smooth it out a bit. I have a pachmyr grip sleeve coming and I'm hoping it will change my hand position a bit to keep my finger from rolling off the bottom of the trigger against the guard. My index finger is twisted a bit and also curves inward toward my middle finger so maybe that has something to do with it. The weapon I'm using is a ct380. Excellent weapon by the way!

I have basically giant hands and the way I shoot is not the "correct" way. If I try to do it like everyone says it should be done i pull my shots right on some guns depending on the grip size due to my finger legnth.

What really works for me with any gun is I place my finger in as far as it takes to get a straight back pull for the particular weapon. It varys by the weapon but allows me to shoot straight every time.

Being your a bassist do what works best for you I'd say because you probably have the dexterity to do what you need to.

All that being said my trigger finger gets rubbed raw by the top of the trigger by the top of the trigger where it meets the frame on the kahr 9mm's (fat fingers as well as long.) Now the kahr .45's, oh how I love those since they are a tad bigger. I do use a Hogue grip sleeve at times and if works well too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Welcome to the Kahrtalk by the way. I don't think I've welcomed you yet.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks for the welcome! I did get the grip sleeve yesterday and put it on and it helped a bit. I guess the best way for me to shoot this weapon is at the second pad of my finger almost behind the knuckle. My finger doesn't roll down the bottom of the trigger into the frame when I dry fire it like that. Have to try it at the range soon to see what happens. I'm used to my Shield with the apex trigger spring kit installed. I can shoot it fine with my first pad of my finger no issue. I just have to get used to the Kahr trigger. It is smoothing out a bit but the pull seems heavier than other Kahrs I have dry fired at the local gun shops. Still a lot lighter than any DA revolver I have ever owned however!