Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buds says my CW9 is in the shipping dept.

That's a great price!
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTz View Post
    I placed an order on Monday and it still shows processing. I called and was told that they are swamped with orders from the holidays. I think they really do not stock the guns they say they have and it takes them a while to source them when they sell, then eventually they ship them out. Doesn't seem to me that it takes that long to pick up a box and put it in another box and mail it out. They are real efficient at charging your credit card though!
    Thats the way I felt about it too. That charge was made instantly that Monday and the same day said it was in the shipping dept. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, nothing!
    Finally late Friday I get the shipping notice. If they're running a back log, that's ok too, but put it out to those of us who bought. I get emails from them very day advertising their specials. I think I had every right to be a bit impatient.

Anyway, it will be here tomorrow and meanwhile I picked up a set of Lee reloading dies, a bag of cases, and 1000 115gr jacketed HP's today. Gonna bring my Dillon in
    from the shed to set up in my gun room. I have plenty of powder and primers but have to get the shell plate before I can actually start. I'm trading a 45Lc for a 9mm so it'll be
    a week or so before the exchange is done. A local guy was moving out of town and put
    all his stuff up for sale at decent prices; thats why I bought the HP bullets from him. He said they had worked well in his CW9.
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.

Buds is a pretty large operation...I bought my CT9 there using the free layaway option. No problems in delivery. I'd expect things to ship a little slower around the holidays. Palmetto took a few days to get my 399.00 P238 to me but for that price I'll wait a few extra days.

In fact I have a P9 on layaway at Buds now

A little patience and you can save a ton. 25 or 30 diff I may buy at LGS. 75 to 200 I'll buy Internet 100% of the time
    MY KAHR's

K9
    CW9
    CT9
    CW380
    CT45

Congrats.on the new gun. Who are you using in lexington to do the 15.00 transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Congrats.on the new gun. Who are you using in lexington to do the 15.00 transfer?
    I live equal dist btwn Lex and Salisbury and Buds listed various places with FFL's on file. I chose Poppies, just on other side of Salisbury, Webb Rd and RT 29, as I've dealt with them before. Buds said they charge $15 if you have CC permit.
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    I live equal dist btwn Lex and Salisbury and Buds listed various places with FFL's on file. I chose Poppies, just on other side of Salisbury, Webb Rd and RT 29, as I've dealt with them before. Buds said they charge $15 if you have CC permit.

Thanks... I have heard a lot about Poppies but have not been there yet.Still waiting for it to warm up a little and stop over to do some plinking .Do you still have a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Thanks... I have heard a lot about Poppies but have not been there yet.Still waiting for it to warm up a little and stop over to do some plinking .Do you still have a bike?
    Been riding a Can Am for last several years; haven't been on it lately tho! When it gets below 40F thats my cut off point.

I recently ordered a 10'' metal plate and stand holders but haven't put it togather yet. Figured if I can't hit a small target, maybe I can hit the gong! Might make me feel like I'm doing good. LOL. Health permitting, I do want to cobble up some sort of small shack this spring so I can sit and plink and also something to catch the brass.
    Right now, I've mowed the area short so its not hard finding the brass but every
    time I walk down I find several more. I've got plenty of 9mm but just can stand to
    see it left laying.

If you want to get togather for lunch or something one day, give me a shout. I'll PM you my email.....I get that quicker.

O
    Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Been riding a Can Am for last several years; haven't been on it lately tho! When it gets below 40F thats my cut off point.

I recently ordered a 10'' metal plate and stand holders but haven't put it togather yet. Figured if I can't hit a small target, maybe I can hit the gong! Might make me feel like I'm doing good. LOL. Health permitting, I do want to cobble up some sort of small shack this spring so I can sit and plink and also something to catch the brass.
    Right now, I've mowed the area short so its not hard finding the brass but every
    time I walk down I find several more. I've got plenty of 9mm but just can stand to
    see it left laying.

If you want to get togather for lunch or something one day, give me a shout. I'll PM you my email.....I get that quicker.

That would be great ... Pm me your email.