Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me into a 45

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Talk me into a 45

I am into a small windfall and now would like a new pistol. I've got a couple of the Kahr 9mm's, but am thinking of a 45.

How do you guys like the P45 or PM45?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CW45 is one of two CCW's for me Glock 30 is the other. Small, compact, controllable.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I don't see you going wrong with any of Kahr's line of .45s. Like LZ I also have the CW45 and carry it quite often. The PM45 with black slide has been on my want list also, but with the CM45 out now I don't know if I could justify the price difference. Let us know what you buy.

Can I use some visual aids to help talk you into a Kahr .45?
    Please direct your attention to the bottom right hand pic in my Kahr CM9 vs CM45 comparo...Any more questions?

Not as much "windfall" needed as a P or PM... But I love my CM45. It is really a nice size for carry and is very lightweight. But packing six 230gr +P Rangers plus a back-up kahr or 1911 mag with 6 or 7 more, makes it is a very powerful little package. It has become my favorite, and most carried Kahr.

Buy one. The cw45 is not much bigger than the cm45 so i dont think you can go wrong with either. I have both and really like them.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I did........................................
    Attached Images Attached Images

My PM45 fits in my back pocket, and shoots far more comfortably and accurately than it has any right to, for such a small light hand cannon.

Want more rounds? Get a 1911 mag and shave it in the right places, and pop it in.

But the main reason to get a .45 is because you're a real American man.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    But the main reason to get a .45 is because you're a real American man.
    Total Agreement.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I'm very happy with my CW45 [holster carry] and CM45[jacket pocket carry]. Remember: A 9mm bullet may not expand, but a 45 ACP will never shrink.

Oh hell yeah, real American men (and women) carry a "45", an American icon.

John Wayne's characters in WWII and as cops, John Dillinger, Sam Spade (or any character played by Bogart), Mike Hammer, you name the greats, they carried "45" pistols.

I used to be, still am for that matter, "Mr 45", back when "45" meant the Colt 45 auto, aka model 1911(a1). Times changed. Now the "45" can be from almost anyone. Get a "45". Better yet, get two.

My PM45's are faultless, fire whenever called upon to do so, and have become utterly reliable (after some shooting to break 'em in).

The 1911's have also been utterly reliable. So has the P220 SIG I've got. So was my Ruger P90, so was the 4506 Smith. The only .45 that took a dump on me was a .45 cal H&K P9s which was a sheet metal flimsy mo'fo, who's thin metal could not hold the action screws that held the lockwork together. The FN .45 auto, large...but smooth shootin and accurate (and holds 15+1).

PM45's fit in my pocket, and a CM45 would too. After sand and lint and crud of daily pocket wear, over six months of daily carry, same ammo, I can whip it out, a thunder off six rounds of 45 goodness in a matter of seconds. About two to be exact.

Every man needs a "45". Every woman needs a man who has a "45".

Nuff said.