Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: Pls. show me your pocket holsters w/ and w/o CrimsonTrace laser!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

check out recluse holsters i think they are the fastest and i think safest

Quote Originally Posted by kahrnut1 View Post
    +1 Here's mine, with CT:
    snug.jpg
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by kahrnut1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    +1 Here's mine, with CT:
    snug.jpg
    Please help me understand why you think these are "the safest" pocket holster. The trigger is only covered on one side. How does this equate to being the safest?
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by RRP View Post
    Please help me understand why you think these are "the safest" pocket holster. The trigger is only covered on one side. How does this equate to being the safest?
    If you look closely at the trigger you'll see the molded insert which fits tightly inside the trigger guard and around the trigger and secures it. These are made very precisely for the make and model of the gun. The trigger CANNOT move when the gun is holstered. To draw I naturally slide my right hand between the holster and the body of the gun. This disengages the trigger and trigger guard from the insert. The holster stays put, the gun comes out.

here's a video review that explains it pretty well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBXAJEUTj4
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    If you look closely at the trigger you'll see the molded insert which fits tightly inside the trigger guard and around the trigger and secures it. These are made very precisely for the make and model of the gun. The trigger CANNOT move when the gun is holstered. To draw I naturally slide my right hand between the holster and the body of the gun. This disengages the trigger and trigger guard from the insert. The holster stays put, the gun comes out.

here's a video review that explains it pretty well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBXAJEUTj4
    Yes, I see the molded insert you speak of. But with one side of the holster completely open, with nothing to retain the gun in the holster except the pressure of the holster pressed against the inside of your pocket, I don't agree that this is "the safest" holster. How is this holster "safer" than the holster BillK posted below, which fully encapsulates the trigger and provides positive retention in molded Kydex?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    For my PM9 I use a modified by me Alabama Holster.

NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Default Pls. show me your pocket holsters w/ and w/o CrimsonTrace laser!

Quote Originally Posted by RRP View Post
    Yes, I see the molded insert you speak of. But with one side of the holster completely open, with nothing to retain the gun in the holster except the pressure of the holster pressed against the inside of your pocket, I don't agree that this is "the safest" holster. How is this holster "safer" than the holster BillK posted below, which fully encapsulates the trigger and provides positive retention in molded Kydex?
    The insert provides positive retention. Note the muzzle is also covered and held in place. There is no wiggling. If you take the combo out of your pocket and turn it horizontal you can shake the gun loose. But as long as the holster and gun are vertical as in your pocket, the gun does not come out of the holster until you deliberately insert your hand during the draw and pop the insert out of the trigger guard.

Wish you could actually try one, but you won't find them in stores, probably because each only fits the precise make and model its built for.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421023077.032541.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421023092.756210.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421023142.264085.jpg
    Last edited by SlowBurn; 01-12-2015 at 10:09 AM.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

Here is mine, purchased directly from Kahr. This is my only pocket holster for my CM9, and have carried this for the last two years. I can wear snug or loose fit jeans and can access this with no problem.
    (First time posting pictures here, and I might be button challenged).

X3 on the Recluse. As I am sitting here typing this I am carrying my P380 in a Recluse in my pocket right now. But maybe because I am not a large guy or my pants are too tight, I have not tried to pocket carry my PM9. I like the front pocket Recluse enough that I got another one for my weak side to carry the P380 as BUG.

RRP, It is a little bit counterintuitive … there is a piece of molded ethofoam (or something like that) glued to the leather, which fits and partially encases the trigger, preventing the trigger from moving until you use your hand to separate the gun from the leather front piece. You can just see it as a raised area on the picture above.

So the gun is cradled between the leather front, your pants pocket material next to your leg, with the trigger encased and preventing from moving, until you slip your hand between the gun and the leather during the draw which separates the pistol from the holster. Its pretty neat.

Got it in 3 days!

PM9 with Crimson Trace laser.
    Nothing beats this for the price! Quality made and great fit! $26 shipped!