CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carbon Fiber AR

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I have about 40 I can play with whenever I want, I guess I don't comprehend why I need my own.

If things go south in a handbasket I'll just take a few home with me along with all the ammo I can haul.

Don't feel bad in the least Beardog, you have my thanks for saving me from myself.
    Ok Col. sounds like your covered pretty well LOL , but you know at this point we seldom "need" another one...But "want" is good enough !

Quote Originally Posted by BEARDOG View Post
    Ok Col. sounds like your covered pretty well LOL , but you know at this point we seldom "need" another one...But "want" is good enough !
    Ok, now your not helping and maybe you should feel bad......not too bad but a little bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by bawanna View Post
    ok, now your not helping and maybe you should feel bad......not too bad but a little bit.
    lol

i own a pair of carbon 15s bought just after they first came out and both have fired probaly a 1000 rds. i was concerned about the lack of foward bolt assist but it has not been a problem. these were the very first ones offered to dealers so if there was a problem u would think it would have showed up.

The one I was looking at had a forward bolt assist which really doesn't matter much to me, nice to have but I don't know of anyone that ever uses it. I usually end up pushing it but mostly just cause it's there and I'm always in does it work mode around here.

It didn't seem to be near as smooth as the standard frames but I'm sure it would work fine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Well, these little ARs won't be good for shooting buffalo like the Colonel's Sharps, but they'll be just fine for social work. As posted in a couple other threads, my S&W Sport has been a great buy (paid $579 + $5.99 shipping at GaG) for such a quality fit & finish in a "no-frills" aluminum lower AR. Did upgrade to a Magpul hand guard.

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

One caliber firearm I've never nor ever wanted to personally have is .223/5.56. Definitely odd for a gun guy, I know. Just have never gotten over the early M16s
    NRA Benefactor

I know what you mean. Had a dandy swell time with M16's many years ago. Wasn't the least bit interested in an AR. Then it happened. Was out at the range and a friend talked me into shooting his. As they say - the rest is history.