Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gunstore survival

Default gunstore survival

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6463984.html
    clerk and cop customer don't safety check gun. everybody knows guns in the case at the gun store are empty. some guns are hateful and very sneaky. bang!

Sheesh! Don't know about you but I never hand a gun to anybody or take one from anybody that I've not checked for being loaded before I handle it. ALL GUNS ARE LOADED!!! You would think a police officer would know better.

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    Sheesh! Don't know about you but I never hand a gun to anybody or take one from anybody that I've not checked for being loaded before I handle it. ALL GUNS ARE LOADED!!! You would think a police officer would know better.
    That was my exact first thought. I would never pull the trigger on a gun that I didn't personally check the chamber first. That's guns 101 and common sense in my book. And him being a police officer that's just embarrassing, that's something you'd expect from a novice.
    "Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called a Missouri boat ride."

And shame on whoever put it in the display case without checking it.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

ok, I posted this article/video for the obvious safety reasons. I also posted this to keep the Ky. jokes going. got to love Ky. humor.

Personally, I would never rack nor pull the trigger on any firearm that wasn't mine, without permission..........................I fear, that if he asked permission, which I doubt, and they said go ahead, I believe that it's all on him.....................................not checking cost him.................I'm not getting the video.

The lack of muzzle discipline is appalling. For much of the video the officer has the gun pointed at the customers to his left.

I had an uncle killed years ago by a negligent discharge, so I have no tolerance for unsafe gun handling. I would have sounded off if I was the customer being swept by the muzzle.

i was at a gunshow a few years back here in Va when the guy behind me picked up a AK 47 off the bench, and thank god had the muzzle elevated , pulled the trigger and BANG...i could feel the muzzle blast and the bullet pass by.......Yes people are DUMB!!!!!! and thankfully it wasn't my time....

I worked a gun counter for a couple months on a on the job training deal long ago. What I saw everyday was mind boggling, including officers and folks that should know better.

If I was to work a gun counter again (and I would if I could hear) I'd be wearing a bullet proof vest every day.

Everything from pointing duty guns right at me, to slamming the cylinders shut like grandmas screen door on the old farm house on brand new guns. More than once I politely asked for the gun back and put it back in the case. When they said they weren't done looking I told them they were incorrect, that they were indeed done.

I'm sure I've told this story before but it fits here quite well.
    When my oldest son was about 6, maybe 7, he was beyond his little single shot Chipmunk 22. But still not big enough for a full size rifle. I wanted to get him a Winchester lever action in 22. Quite spendy at the time.
    I took him to our local shop which was operated by our city mayor at the time. This was long before I worked for the city so I didn't know him as well as I did later.
    Anyhow I asked to look at the Winchester and he responded that this isn't what my boy needed, but he needed one of these while handing a Chipmunk without checking the chamber to my son.
    Son grabbed the foreend and the butt in a couple of fingers and just let the muzzle drop so it aimed at the floor. He tugged on my shirt and I asked what was wrong. He said he didn't check it! I asked him ifhe knew how and he said duh?, I explained it was proper for him to check it himself.
    He worked the bolt like Carlos Hatchcock and put is little finger in the chamber and said it was ok. Then and this tore me up, he said isn't this just like the one I have? but the wood isn't near as nice. I told him he was exactly right.
    Well the mayor was ready to crawl under the floor mat, said he'd never been caught handing an unchecked firearm over the counter and he was busted by a 7 year old.
    He offered cost price on anything in the store for the kid. Had to decline as I didn't have enough loot but it was a proud pa pa moment.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I used to set up at a gun show to sell M1 Carbines. My table was against a wall and it
    wasn't uncommon for some yokel to pick up a rifle or pistol with a lazer and start sighting
    it along the wall. A time or two it got flashed over me. You'd think the seller would caution the looker about that but they never did!
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.