Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: CW45 Trigger Reset Issue

Default CW45 Trigger Reset Issue

So I had sent my CW45 back to Kahr a while back to have the frame replaced due to the "short-rail" issue. With the new frame I began to experience problems with the trigger not re-setting about 15% of the time. I would fire a shot, then pull the trigger for the next shot only to have it do nothing. I could get it to reset by shaking the gun sometimes or tapping it smartly on the left side with the heel of my left hand. Sometimes it would reset by itself after a fraction of a second delay, which is, at best, disconcerting, and at worst, downright dangerous. For information purposes the gun has app. 500-600 rounds through it on the old frame, and about 300 rounds on the new frame. The gun has always run perfectly on any ammo I feed it, except for the trigger reset issue.

So I called Kahr, described the problem and asked them to send me a prepaid return label, which they did. I had the label in my email a few hours later. I sent in the gun on a Thursday, and had it back the following Friday, which to me is an excellent turnaround time.

The Technical Service Worksheet they sent with the gun simply said:
    "Action Taken: CK - Reworked trigger and trigger bar, lubed and tested good with 27 rounds"

The only complaint I had is that the gunsmith somehow put a small tear in my Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove. He probably tried to remove it and tore it in the process. Not a big deal as they are cheap and I had planned to replace it anyway.

I will be going to the range this Sunday to try it out. If I can put 100 trouble-free rounds through it, I plan to put it back in my CC rotation.

I will update after I go to the range.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by shlike; 01-15-2015 at 05:50 AM.
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

A little late now but you are not supposed to send a gun in with any add ons. It might be because they won't be responsible for any damage or loss. Hope its fixed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shlike View Post
    So I had sent my CW45 back to Kahr a while back to have the frame replaced due to the "short-rail" issue. With the new frame I began to experience problems with the trigger not re-setting about 15% of the time. I would fire a shot, then pull the trigger for the next shot only to have it do nothing. I could get it to reset by shaking the gun sometimes or tapping it smartly on the left side with the heel of my left hand. Sometimes it would reset by itself after a fraction of a second delay, which is, at best, disconcerting, and at worst, downright dangerous. For information purposes the gun has app. 500-600 rounds through it on the old frame, and about 300 rounds on the new frame. The gun has always run perfectly on any ammo I feed it, except for the trigger reset issue.

So I called Kahr, described the problem and asked them to send me a prepaid return label, which they did. I had the label in my email a few hours later. I sent in the gun on a Thursday, and had it back the following Friday, which to me is an excellent turnaround time.

The Technical Service Worksheet they sent with the gun simply said:
    "Action Taken: CK - Reworked trigger and trigger bar, lubed and tested good with 27 rounds"

The only complaint I had is that the gunsmith somehow put a small tear in my Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove. He probably tried to remove it and tore it in the process. Not a big deal as they are cheap and I had planned to replace it anyway.

I will be going to the range this Sunday to try it out. If I can put 100 trouble-free rounds through it, I plan to put it back in my CC rotation.

I will update after I go to the range.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    UPDATE: Went to the range this morning, ran app. 100 rounds through the gun, a combination of Federal 230 gr. ball and Speer Gold Dot +P JHP(which is my main carry ammo). The trigger reset problem appears to be resolved, as I did not have a single failure-to-reset in the entire range session. All of the functional issues with the gun appear to now have been resolved, which makes me happy as I really love this gun

My session today was with the plain grip, as I had removed my Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove which had been torn while at Kahr. I'm going to have to put a new one on as the gun is downright painful to shoot with the plain grip for more than a few rounds, especially with the Gold Dot +P's. After the first mag, I had to put on my shooters glove to comfortably complete the session. I do have a new Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove which I will install before my next range session.

Also, see my post in the "CW45/P45: Flush Fit Magazine" thread for an update on the Kimber magazine I purchased to address my desire to find a flush-fit magazine that works without having to do any modifications or grinding.
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    S&W SW22 Victory
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

Good news indeed! I must add that I do like the looks of your holster. Who made it?
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

I have a set of "shorty" biker gloves, the kind where most of your fingers are bare, that has padding in the palm. They make great shooting gloves, and makes the grip covers unnecessary. And make most guns a little more comfortable to shoot. I got mine at the Flea Market for under $10, and they have lasted several years.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Good news. I had a trigger bar reset problem when i got my cw45 but worked on the trigger bar myself. Problem was just like yours. Its the tight tolerances i found on mine. Glad yours is working ok now.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
    I have a set of "shorty" biker gloves, the kind where most of your fingers are bare, that has padding in the palm. They make great shooting gloves, and makes the grip covers unnecessary. And make most guns a little more comfortable to shoot. I got mine at the Flea Market for under $10, and they have lasted several years.
    That's kind of like what I use. I have a pair of tight-fitting black leather fingerless gloves with a vibration-absorbing Sorbothane pad in the palm. They are intended for use with vibrating power tools to help prevent repetitive strain injuries (vibration white-fingers syndrome in this case). They are perfect for shooting my CW45 as well as my 1911's. I'm in the safety equipment business, so I have access to things like this and other personal protective equipment.
    Last edited by shlike; 01-18-2015 at 04:38 PM. Reason: grammar
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    S&W SW22 Victory
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by leftysixty View Post
    Good news indeed! I must add that I do like the looks of your holster. Who made it?
    Detroit Concealment. www.detroitconcealment.com

He makes great holsters. Super-high quality and reasonable prices. I have one for this gun as well as for my CW9 and my Shield 9.
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    S&W SW22 Victory
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm