Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a ? about the navigation on this forum

Default I have a ? about the navigation on this forum

Or lack of navigation.

On most forums, after I make a post i can navigate back the the forum I was in or all the way back to the main page. Here it seems like I have to hit the FORUM tab up top and it's my only option

Example: Forum>>>MK Pistols >>>> Guide Rod

So if I post a reply in guide rod which is a thread in MK Pistols, once it posts the only way to get back to MK Pistols forum is to click the main forum tab at the top of the page and then scroll down to MK Pistols and re enter that way. Sure can hit the back button that takes you back through the screen where you replied etc but that leads to double posts etc. Every other forum I have ever been on I would be able to click the sub forum without being able to go back to the main page.

Why is this navigation missing here? Or am I just missing something?

As long as you are just reading the back button works fines, but once you post, the back button not so good and getting back top General as soon as I post this I will have to click the FORUM tab up top. All other forums I'd be able to click the general sub forum without going all the way back to the beginning. Forum>>>General>>>I have a ? about navigat..........

Does this make sense?

Here's an example that should make sense.

So after I post, it takes me back into this thread, P229 Combat. Now I can click Sig Pistols to get back to that forum.

Here on Kahr Talk I'd have to click the Forum tab up top and that takes me all the way back to the main page. Why is it like this?

After replying to a post and you want to go back to the original or read the replies, just go back to the top of the page to "new posts" Click there. You will see your reply there. You will still be on the same subject if you click on your own reply.

Or, under the "+Reply to Thread" is

You can click on it and return to the top of the thread you posted on.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

All I ever hit is New Post. Most of the time I don't even know where I am, wait, that's normal......

I have to go back to New Post and see what sub forum I'm in.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Threads with multiple pages have page numbers below the heading, click on the page number you want to return to. This thread only has 6 posts so there are no page numbers. (Now 7 posts)

I never have used the new post button,

After submitting a post, I'll just click on the back button a couple of times, hit refresh, and it takes me to where I left off reading with my new post added.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Or, under the "+Reply to Thread" is
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post

You can click on it and return to the top of the thread you posted on.

That's not the problem. The problem is, after I post this response I can't return to General without going up top and clicking on Forum and going back in to General that way. You shouldn't have to hit the back button 2-3-4 times to navigate. This forum lacks the navigation thread like you see in the picture of the SigForum I posted above. All other forums have that navigation thread I was just wondering why this one doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by davcar45 View Post

That's not the problem. The problem is, after I post this response I can't return to General without going up top and clicking on Forum and going back in to General that way. You shouldn't have to hit the back button 2-3-4 times to navigate. This forum lacks the navigation thread like you see in the picture of the SigForum I posted above. All other forums have that navigation thread I was just wondering why this one doesn't.
    Ah, yes. I see what you mean. Looks like a good suggestion topic for the Technical Support forum.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

The "New Posts" button works for me. After posting a reply, clicking "New Posts" brings you back to the most recent posts. The thread you just replied to will be at the top of the list, since replies are sorted by most recent. So, returning to that forum is as simple as clicking on it. (The forum in which the thread you just replied to resides, is shown at the far right. Click on the forum name, and it takes you back to the forum you were browsing before posting.)

I rarely browse forums. Most of the time, I browse active threads. The most efficient way to do that is to use the "New Posts" button.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper