Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impressions of the CM45

Good video.

For the basic purpose of any Kahr, a rail is of questionable value.

Nice video Scott M !

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    For the basic purpose of any Kahr, a rail is of questionable value.
    True, ATM i don't have a "house gun" and a little light would be good to mount on there for home duty. I certainly can't complain with this amazing sub-compact though, it has too much going for it in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by slowplay View Post
    I bought a CM45 a couple of months ago for EDC use. I do like it, but I only have 150rds of somewhat mixed ammo through it. It has run 99%. Not a real soft shooter, but certainly not bad at all and very good accuracy with my loads, a pleasant surprise. As I said, I do like it, but.......I'm going to get rid of it. Problem is, as I got it for EDC, it needs to be UNLOADED each evening at home, and trying to do that dick dance of getting the chambered round out has pretty much ruined it for me. I thought I saw some type of cure for the problem, but cannot find it. Not to mention the ejector & extractor pretty much ruin the fired brass. If ejecting the round from the chamber could be corrected, I would overlook the buggered up cases & maybe keep it. Any thoughts on my probs??
    Had the same problem with my CM45. Called Kahr and they said they were aware of the problem and to send it in. They emailed me a prepaid shipping label within 5 min. Got the gun back in a week and it works fine now.

Hardknocks1: Hello
    Is this being reported with the PM 45 ?
    I am considering one this year
    Thanks

I think following the sticky about CW & other poly pistols (by Bawanna) in the new members forum is really helpful regarding fixing PM45 issues. I did strip mine and used toothpaste to polish the ramp section of the barrel. I spent about a quarter hour polishing and cleaning the barrel. I'd only shot 60 rounds since buying it so it wasn't dirty but I did have the "3rd round hang" I'm trying to overcome. Now that our weather is warm I'll take it to the farm ("range") and check it out and see if it needs more adjustments.

Got a CM45 and a PM9 recently. WOW! Couple of really great shooters! PM9 being a fun shoot is a given, but I have even more fun shooting the CM45! I never would've believed I could run 100+ rounds through the little gun without discomfort, what a joy to shoot. After 200+ rounds, the 45 is reliable and digests ALL ammo. The PM9 never faltered out of the box. Kinda boring, as I read all that was printed on this great forum on how to fix all problems. What a value these little guns are!

Just a quick update. Ran my defensive ammmo thru the chrony. Speer 200gr +p runs an average of 975fps through my CM45. Seems pretty acceptable to me out of such a short barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbholfo View Post
    Hardknocks1: Hello
    Is this being reported with the PM 45 ?
    I am considering one this year
    Thanks

I think following the sticky about CW & other poly pistols (by Bawanna) in the new members forum is really helpful regarding fixing PM45 issues. I did strip mine and used toothpaste to polish the ramp section of the barrel. I spent about a quarter hour polishing and cleaning the barrel. I'd only shot 60 rounds since buying it so it wasn't dirty but I did have the "3rd round hang" I'm trying to overcome. Now that our weather is warm I'll take it to the farm ("range") and check it out and see if it needs more adjustments.
    While I'd love to take credit for that masterpiece "The CW and other poly fixes" that's the work of a much better and smarter fella than me. GB Greg. That and Jocko's breaking in a new Kahr thread are priceless.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1873 View Post
    Got a CM45 and a PM9 recently. WOW! Couple of really great shooters! PM9 being a fun shoot is a given, but I have even more fun shooting the CM45! I never would've believed I could run 100+ rounds through the little gun without discomfort, what a joy to shoot. After 200+ rounds, the 45 is reliable and digests ALL ammo. The PM9 never faltered out of the box. Kinda boring, as I read all that was printed on this great forum on how to fix all problems. What a value these little guns are!
    Nice thing abut the cm45 is that u can actually see the bullets leaving the gun. Just sayin Traces not even needed.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY