CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson ECO

Default Dan Wesson ECO

DW ECO in 9mm. Picked it up today. True LW Colt Officers ACP weight and size....my strong preference and a rare as hen's teeth configuration today. First impressions after just handling and poking at it a bit....I expected a good gun and this exceeds my expectations, the first 1911 I've owned or maybe even handled (including my TRP) that needs nothing right out of the box, at the very least 90% of a Wilson at under 40% of the price and without the two year build hassle and wait.
    NRA Benefactor

How sweet is that! Pictures or it didn't happen of course. But we can wait till you get it dirty, we're generally a patient bunch excluding myself of course, I have patience issues and authority issues, and violet issues and just general issues with issues.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow! Congrats.
    ​O|||||||O

I'm envious.

Put me in the envious group too. Congrats!

Ohhhh, you're such a tease!
    Why won't you let us look at it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

I think the all the DW 1911's are fantastic.

Nice firearm................................would rather have it in .45 of course

Thanks, guys. I'm not a pic person....looks just like it does on the DW site. But mayhaps I'll take a shot at it, back from the range field stripped, when I get there. And, ^, the 9mm was on the bucket list, but if this works out as well as I expect I may add a companion .45 to compliment my existing custom Colt.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    DW ECO in 9mm. Picked it up today. True LW Colt Officers ACP weight and size....my strong preference and a rare as hen's teeth configuration today. First impressions after just handling and poking at it a bit....I expected a good gun and this exceeds my expectations, the first 1911 I've owned or maybe even handled (including my TRP) that needs nothing right out of the box, at the very least 90% of a Wilson at under 40% of the price and without the two year build hassle and wait.
    Well, mea culpa...after a friend offered to buy it yesterday, I pulled my Springer TRP out of the gun safe for the first time in years and closely looked it over. Aside from the overly aggressive, hand hamburgering, 20 lpi front strap checkering and close to just as aggressive grip panels, the TRP is a noteably better gun....esp with it's no sharp edges light melt and absolutely perfect trigger. Not selling it off...don't know what I was thinking. Early, 1999, Commander size, four inch barrel length only produced for two years this is a real keeper.
    NRA Benefactor