Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9 Didn't Perform Today

Default CM9 Didn't Perform Today

I've had my CM9 for a few months, and up until now have been very happy with it. It has about 400 trouble free rounds through it. That all changed on the range today. I loaded all my magazines with WWB, which has always worked flawlessly in the past. Locked the slide to the rear and inserted the first mag, released the slide lock, aimed in, pulled the trigger and CLICK! The trigger pulled as normal but the pistol didn't fire. I dropped the mag and checked the chamber. There was a round in the camber. I ejected it and reinserted the mag, released the slide release, sighted in and CLICK again. This happened with each and every magazine. I disassembled the weapon and didn't notice anything wrong. After reassembling the pistol the problem persisted. I disassembled it again when I got home and re-cleaned it. However since the pistol seems to work fine when dry fired there is no way to tell if it's functioning properly unless it is actually being fired. I'm planning one more trip to the range before calling Kahr and was hoping for some advice from the more seasoned here.
    What should I be looking for here?
    Thanks in advance.

It never fired at all? Broken firing pin maybe? Try inserting a pencil into the barrel then dry firing it. Please make sure the gun is empty. The pencil should shoot out when you pull the trigger if the pin is OK.
    ​O|||||||O

Remove the slide - push the striker safety block in - and push the striker backwards and forwards - Does it move freely?
    Does the striker pin extend out beyond the breech face when pushed fully forward?

Try different ammo.

Did you contact Kahr yet?

What did the back of the rounds look like? Any marks on the primer?

Operator Error.
    I went back through everything today. The pistol is fine. It was ammo (and head-space and timing) related. Suffice it to say that when one is in a hurry leaving the range (as I was the last time I was there before yesterday) you gotta be careful to not throw your .380 ammo in the box with the 9mm. Going back out tomorrow to be sure that was the problem.

It's not the first or the last time someone put the wrong ammo in a gun. Glad no one got hurt. Let us know how it eats 9mm, next time.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Can we say egg on face
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Yep. But at least I owned up to my own stupidity.