Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Are They Doing to My Marine Corps?

Default What Are They Doing to My Marine Corps?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

t3CF25z.jpg
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

OK... I'll bite... what are they dong to your corps?
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Somewhere they failed at the physical training and moved on to throwing grenades like a ****-tard...
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

That is reported to be a Chinese video, not a U.S. Marine. Doesn't look like our grenade training facilities either.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    That is reported to be a Chinese video, not a U.S. Marine. Doesn't look like our grenade training facilities either.
    Sorry, I didn't know that else I wouldn't have posted.

My basic infantry training was in 1962 at Camp Geiger, NC and no, except for the sand bags, it doesn't look like I remember. What I see in the video appears to be a lot smarter/safer design for the station than I recall using.

BTW, the clip was sent to me in an email by my brother who is also a former Marine and Vietnam vet.

Update: Sorry guys... Yes, it does appear to be a Chinese video that was cropped and the sound removed. I hate when I get duped like this, Not only does it hurt my credibility but also my passing it on can hurt another persons credibility.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    Somewhere they failed at the physical training and moved on to throwing grenades like a ****-tard...
    Yes, i was thinking in part what you say but also in reply to ripley16... the phrase "What have they done" or "What are you doing" to "my Marine Corps!" was an oft heard lament when a Marine screwed up such as that individual throwing the grenade did in the video or perhaps in response some "chicken s..t" order that came down from on high. I was in from 1962-1966 so I imagine a lot has changed since then.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know that else I wouldn't have posted.

My basic infantry training was in 1962 at Camp Geiger, NC and no, except for the sand bags, it doesn't look like I remember. What I see in the video appears to be a lot smarter/safer design for the station than I recall using.

BTW, the clip was sent to me in an email by my brother who is also a former Marine and Vietnam vet.

Update: Sorry guys... Yes, it does appear to be a Chinese video that was cropped and the sound removed. I hate when I get duped like this, Not only does it hurt my credibility but also my passing it on can hurt another persons credibility.
    '62...weren't you guys still lighting fuses on grenades with a slow match back then?

....I passed through Geiger late 71 - early 72

Semper Fi,
    Greg

BTW, I did get a chuckle when the instructor/troop handler shoved her head first into that bunker.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

For some reason I can't see the video. I just see a still picture. The head first line makes me want to see it. I'll keep trying.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    For some reason I can't see the video. I just see a still picture. The head first line makes me want to see it. I'll keep trying.
    Here's a link to try Bawanna: http://www.gifbin.com/987502
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks Greg, that worked for me. That is hilarious the head first stuff into the bunker. The fella on the right didn't find much cover but he apparently came out ok.

Can't see it but she apparently fell short of the barrier and the grenade went into the trough huh? Obviously on their side.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."