Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I joined the broken striker club

The striker breaking has been my only serious issue since buying it. I love the gun, but Kahr needs to correct the obvious issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by aferguson27 View Post
    Has anyone contacted Kahr direct and asked them about the problem? I would like to know if it is a bad batch of strikers that went out or slides in the RH cw380 but this holds the question will they admit it.
    Kahr has always been good about replacing parts and fixing problems with their guns--often without regard to the warranty period. I expect they will provide the same good service for broken strikers. But, I don't expect they will publicly acknowledge the problem, nor will they issue a recall. Just my opinion, of course.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Okay enough is enough. The striker on my P380 broke this evening. That is #3 for this weapon. I'm speechless. I'll be composing a letter to Kahr.

Serial number RH7xxx on my CW380

RRP you are right Kahr has always step up and provide great service. I just want a gun I can trust and I hope I never have to use it for self defense but if that day does come I want to know it's going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by aferguson27 View Post
    RRP you are right Kahr has always step up and provide great service. I just want a gun I can trust and I hope I never have to use it for self defense but if that day does come I want to know it's going to work.
    Understood. And, a reasonable expectation.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

I sent a email to them this morning with no answer yet.

Could it be possible that Kahr has no idea that the Kahr 380's are having issues with broken strikers?
    This is an email exchange when I advised about the broken striker. Kahr was quick to respond and are sending out a replacement. I deleted my name and unimportant info.

To: jay.dandrea@kahr.com
    Date: 01/23/2015 09:37 AM
    Subject: Re: CW380 broken striker RH serial numbers

It appears that broken strikers are not an anomaly in the 380
    Kahrs. Do you know if any changes to design, materials, or methods are in
    the works? I will have to locate the interview, but I remember a Kahr
    spokesman stating "all forged" pistol. The way my striker is broken, it
    appears to be MIM. Bad Choice for a striker. I love this gun, but I need
    to rely on it.

Reply from Kahr customer service

Jay D'Andrea
    Customer Service
    508-795- 3919

Good evening. I am not aware of any problems with the strikers nor am I
    aware of any changes. We will have one sent ASAP. I apologize for any
    inconvenience.

Well you didn't really expect them to fess up did you,but I am sure they will happily keep sending out replacements to all of the people who"are not having any problems"with their strikers breaking.
    Totally unacceptable,at least Ruger and other companies will own up to thier mistakes and issue recalls,Kahr take some notes.

Actually, yes. I did expect them to fess up. Tell me they are working on correcting the issue.