Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Newb from Charlotte area

Default Newb from Charlotte area

I'm Thanks to John for the welcome mail. I have been shooting for 5 years and just purchased a PM45 online but at my LGS. First time out I got used to it pretty quickly and at 5 - 7 yards I'm in the black consistently. That doesn't negate the need for more practice. The pistol is used lnib and really stiff. I shot 60 rounds and experienced a few failures to load on the 3rd round of both mags but I trust time and practice will eliminate that. I've enjoyed the threads I've read and hope to contribute in a positive way.

Edit: read the sticky about the 3rd round issue. I'll follow instructions in a fine post for newbies like myself.
    Last edited by Dbholfo; 01-23-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Read sticky

I'm kind of new myself but you started with just the right gun and caliber and I think your off to a good start.

Glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome from central NC.

Welcome from Hickory. CM9 in the pocket and CW45 on the belt. The more I shoot them, the more I like their sights and triggers.

Welcome from Boone.

Another welcome from the Hickory area. I hope to be down your way for the gun show at metrolina fairgrounds next month.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Welcome from Lexington ,Nc.

Bawanna:
    I grew up in Tacoma so I figure 260 days a year of rain is normal. Here in the Southeast my expectations have lowered a bit. With 22,000+ posts you are just getting started. 😀

Thanks to all the tar heels for the welcome (in the generic sense because I'm a Pack fan). This is a friendly forum I read posts on before signing up. I know I'll learn a lot. Already have.

Grotman,
    Enjoy the show. I went last month and handled a few subcompacts. My buddy knows most of the long time vendors so that's helpful. I ended up at Hyatts paying less than half MSRP for my PM45. I'll probably go Saturday afternoon after work and look for the PM specific 6 round mag.