Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy 45 loads.

Personally, I would side with b4uqzme.....................I would not shoot that load out of any semi auto..................I would also opt for a revolver to shoot those loads, much safer. I don't think it would be good for your Kahr, even if it was only occasionally.

Groo here
    Roger the "grain of salt"
    Double tap has a 450smc load that is put up in heavy cases,SP primers,255gr cast bullet at 1030fps.
    Called factory , they claim that any +p rated fullsize gun can shoot it.
    Have you seen the New TP45 Gen 2????
    That one has my interest!!!!!!!!!!
    Ps Ohio now allows 45acp for Deer[5in barrel min]

I have played around with .45 super with a Glock 21 that I fitted with a fully supported barrel, new guide rod and spring, and a buffer. I haven't been able to get it to feed well, and it definitely batters the gun. I don't think that I would try it without modification, and maybe not even then. If you do, make sure you report back. I am curious.

G:

I occasionally shoot 45 Super out of my XD 45 Tactical and cannot imagine shooting them out of a smaller lighter gun.
    My 45 Tac is upgraded with a much heavier recoil spring and a solid steel guide rod. Neither of which is available on the CW45, to the best of my knowledge.
    My personal opinion; you would lose much of the energy from a 45 Super out of a 1.5" shorter bbl. Plus risk doing damage to yourself and the gun.

HTH.

-steve
    -NRA Life Member

-It isn’t Islamophobia when they really ARE trying to kill you!

-Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.
    Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    -Thomas Paine

Groo... sorry you took offense to my caution about heavy loads for defense. A lot of folks read this forum and get bright ideas that can get them in trouble. "I read it on the internet" doesn't work so well in court. I don't care what loads you shoot "in the the woods". I checked it out a while back looking at very heavy rounds for Glock and they cautioned to put a heavy recoil spring and a recoil buffer because the slide will become a "slam" and possibly hurt the gun and/or you. After becomming educated on the matter I passed on the notion.

Again please don't take offense as I mean none.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Groo here
    I am just use to talking at a higher level than normal internet chat. [ see bio]
    I will try to adj to a larger group.