Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Kahr cm9 Guide Rod issues

Default Kahr cm9 Guide Rod issues

Greetings,
    Does anyone know if the Kahr cm9 is still having Guide Rod issues, and ifso, can this be corrected? I really like this model, but am reluctant to buyone if the issue is still a problemThanks in advance
    Ken

My cm 9 has over 1000 rounds without a problem.

Mine is a little over 2 years old with nearly 2500 rounds through it without a single problem of any kind. Except for one I caused by over oiling.

I was not aware that any of the Kahr CM or PM series had a problem with the RSA.
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

The guide rod on my CM9 is beveled. That would prevent the problem I am aware. I bought mine at Sportsman's Warehouse about a month ago. It has 500 rounds fired, about 450 being commercial reloaded ball. It has been absolutely perfect. My CM9 rocks! I checked that the guide rod was beveled before I bought it. I saw a post showing a guide rod hanging up on the slide. It was not beveled and I could see how it happened.
    Last edited by pkitfox; 01-25-2015 at 06:45 AM. Reason: add info

I'm new to this forum and was about to post my first topic when I saw this post. Before you buy, make sure the guide rod assembly has the beveled edge. Mine does not and I'm pretty sure it caused a major problem with my Kahr. I will post about my issue in a new topic but just wanted to share my .02.

Welcome to the forum Buzz. Sorry you had problems with your CM9. I don't remember if the guide rod on my CM45 is beveled or not. Hasn't caused any problems that I'm aware of. All I've had is the normal break in Jams. I'm not one of those lucky ones that gets a Kahr that has no problems during break in. But it's smoothing out nicely at around 135 rounds. The last 3 to 5 mags seemed to fire with no problems. Using both the 5 round and the 6 round CW mags.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

BuzzBomb, how old is your CM9? I bought mine about a year ago, and it has the beveled guide rod. The gun has preformed flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye911 View Post
    BuzzBomb, how old is your CM9? I bought mine about a year ago, and it has the beveled guide rod. The gun has preformed flawlessly.
    Not even two weeks old. I'm not sure of the born date but it was NIB. I had zero failures during the first 200 but once I got home and ready to clean it I noticed the damage. If you want, check out my thread New CM9, non beveled edge GRA and Damaged Barrel for some pics.