Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: CM 40 questions

Default CM 40 questions

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to kahr... I just got a new cm40 and have a few queations... to be honest I was never interested on it but the opportunity raised and once I held it I liked it... anyway.... This cm40 had never being fired, so today I saw the video on how to dismantle and put it together and followed it step by step... no problem, but after putting it back together I noticed that the slide wouldn't lock open without me pressing the slide lock up while having an empty magazine inserted .... I dismantled several more times to c if something was wrong, but everything seems fine... magazine looks fine as well ... I'm wondering if anyone else ever had this issue .... thanks...

I just had the same problem with a new cw380. Turned out to be the magazine. New magazine, problem solved in my case.

Thanks for replying.... I hope is just that but the thing is that my cm40 would lock open with Dame magazine before ... still never being shot...

Sounds as if you may have bent or moved the small spring that controls the slide release lever, possibly during cleaning or reassembly.

The picture above showing the normal position and shape is from this thread: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...sues-and-fixes In the thread, Greg offers several hints about things to watch out for with your Kahr. This little spring's shape, position, and tightness, as well as where the slide stop is positioned while reassembling the gun all impact the function of the slide lock and its ability to properly lock back the slide.

Best of luck, sir!
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland