Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT 2015: New Gen 2 Kahrs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SHOT 2015: New Gen 2 Kahrs

This is a video from SHOT 2015 showing all the features, as well as a trigger demo of the new Gen 2 models. They're very nice, check them out:
    SHOT Show 2015: Kahr Arms Gen 2 FTW!: http://youtu.be/nLLJGVTO32I

Oh geez, they went and "Glocked" the trigger, adding a safety bar in the middle. At least it looks like it's contoured with the rest of the trigger, and not a straight piece poking out of the middle. I suppose if they are going to make the trigger pull shorter, it makes sense. I wish they would have added a multiple strike capability, in case you had a hard primer, you could try it again without racking the slide far enough to reset the trigger. It would also make dry fire practice less of a hassle.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Thanks for the link. Looks interesting as far as the trigger. The rest doesn't do much for me. I wonder if there will be a way to put the same trigger on a non Gen 2 Kahr. I would be interested in trying that trigger since I also shoot Glocks. Also, looks like the gen 2 was shown only in the polymer models. Wonder if they will be available in the steel models.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstate View Post
    Thanks for the link. Looks interesting as far as the trigger. The rest doesn't do much for me. I wonder if there will be a way to put the same trigger on a non Gen 2 Kahr. I would be interested in trying that trigger since I also shoot Glocks. Also, looks like the gen 2 was shown only in the polymer models. Wonder if they will be available in the steel models.
    Steel would be cool.

Meh. I like the Kahr trigger as is!

But options are always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by clayflingythingy View Post
    Meh. I like the Kahr trigger as is!

But options are always nice.
    Yes they are

Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
    Oh geez, they went and "Glocked" the trigger, adding a safety bar in the middle. At least it looks like it's contoured with the rest of the trigger, and not a straight piece poking out of the middle. I suppose if they are going to make the trigger pull shorter, it makes sense. I wish they would have added a multiple strike capability, in case you had a hard primer, you could try it again without racking the slide far enough to reset the trigger. It would also make dry fire practice less of a hassle.
    Groo here
    Tman in the earlier days, a dud or hard primer was common and many double action autos had double hit actions.
    Today , if a factory round does not go off, an extra hit usually won't either.
    The correct response is to put in a new round / revolvers do this by indexing the cylinder .

Wonder who the show and tell lady is. Name to a face as it were. Just curious.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Wonder who the show and tell lady is. Name to a face as it were. Just curious.
    She's Marie from Kahr Arms...

Thanks for posting this. Although the original trigger is really good, I anticipate good impressions of the new one at the range.