Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: P380 ejector catches on striker

Default P380 ejector catches on striker

Greetings,

I purchased a new P380 this summer. I've fired 20 rounds through it with no problems. I went to clean it and had difficulty getting the slide back on. It seems the striker is catching on the ejector. I could finish assembly if I put a small flat blade screwdriver in there a gently twisted the blade to get the ejector out of the way. Do I have a defective gun? Thanks for the help!

Okay I haven't had enough coffee and clearly I put this in the wrong topic! Sorry!
    Last edited by bigguy05641; 10-04-2022 at 04:45 AM. Reason: thread is in wrong topic

I'm not sure I can picture in my mind how this is even possible but I haven't had coffee yet this morning either. It's common for a hang up sometimes when putting the slide back on but usually a little wiggle of the trigger or sometimes pushing down on the extractor cures it. I don't see how the striker can come in contact with the ejector.

I'll try to move this over to the Kahr Tech thread and hopefully someone smarter than me will have a better answer for you.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hello, it might be a matter of terminology, which I am not good at. Anyway I circled where it is catching when I try to put the slide back on. If I gently twist a flat blade screw driver and get it out of the way, the slide goes home no problem. So this is my first polymer gun, I wonder if polymer guns have their own "personality" and if it shoots good, I can live with this.

Here's a view from the top, the ejector almost looks crooked? Is this to be expected? The machining looks a little sketchy. Again, the guns been shot about 20 times with no issues, I bought the gun a few months ago new after waiting two months for it.

more views:

Is the striker safety plunger cracked?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Is the striker safety plunger cracked?
    I see what you mean, but I zoomed in, it looks like a casting seam?

I called Kahr tech assist, they have heard of it before, and are thinking if I put more rounds through it, it will work itself out, and should not affect functionality. I can live with that.

Old thread, but just for people who might stumble on this in the future, I just ran into the same thing on a new CW380. Took me a while to figure out why the slide wouldn't go on, and it was more frustrating because it kind of locks up between the stuck ejector and the cam, that now has a hard time rotating when you pull the trigger, with the slide pressing on it. But as you say, with a little push on the ejector with a screwdriver (or chopstick, or whatever) up through the grip, the slide goes right on. And customer service may be right, since the last time I installed the slide, after maybe 400 rounds, a little jiggle of the slide got the ejector past the obstruction. And it hasn't seemed to affect performance at all.