Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9, Non beveled edge GRA and a Damaged Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by alltimeqb View Post
    ...but was wondering what the tactical issues were on shipping it back to Kahr.
    What do you mean?

Update: Welp, the CM9 didn't raise any flags during transit and now is in the figurative hands of Mr Moon! Let's hope for the speedy return of a flawless functioning pistol.

For the guide rod assembly, do you think they'll replace the whole thing or just the nut? I had the spring nice and broke in.

That brings up another question I have for the vast wisdom of Kahr Talk. I've heard a good way to loosen up the spring is by leaving the slide locked back for a night or two. Also heard manually racking it a few hundred times works too. Obviously these options are not as fun as good ol' fashioned range time! But with limited budget and patience, are they viable options? Is there any other good way?

I suspect they will replace the whole recoil assembly. They won't waste a smiths time trying to put a new nut on the end.

All the things you mention will loosen the spring but not nearly as effectively as just shooting it.

If budget and patience are an issue you really don't have an issue anyhow as you wont' be shooting it that much anyhow right?

I find budget and time my main issues. Fortunately or perhaps unfortunately I don't have any new guns to break in, I need to work on that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If budget and patience are an issue you really don't have an issue anyhow as you wont' be shooting it that much anyhow right?
    If I could afford it Id shoot every day!

The original plan was to really take it through the paces this weekend out on the family farm in the Land of Lincoln but obviously that plan has changed. I was still gonna shoot sans CM9 but now with the snow system moving in we may not go at all. It was supposed to be our traditionally late Xmas get together but Mother Nature didnt get the memo.

You and me both Buzz. My dream is to have a bunch of acres where I could just roll out on the back porch and blast away, or if it's too crappy out just open the door and shoot from my recliner.

Only downfall I can see is keeping ammo / reloading components in inventory.

Wife would really hate me then, I'd have absolutely no reason to leave the homestead.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    ...or if it's too crappy out just open the door and shoot from my recliner.
    Literal definition of armchair soldier!!!

Update: I, being the impatient person that I am, emailed Kahr to check on the status of my CM9 even though it's only been there since Friday. I received an email from Jay that said they replaced the recoil spring (hopefully he meant the whole GRA) and barrel and shipped it back out the same day they received it. Hopefully I should have it in my hands within the next day or two. He couldn't provide me a tracking number unfortunately which has me a little unnerved. He didn't mention anything about the damage to the slide though.

Do you think it's odd that they did not notify me that the issue has been addressed and is in transit back to me? Or am I just complaining because I've grown accustomed to Amazon giving me play by play updates of where my purchases are by the second?!?

Either way I'm excited because it means a range trip will HOPEFULLY be in order this weekend! Gotta break it in, Kahr's orders!!!

They generally don't notify that it is in shipment back.

I too am concerned that it was repaired and sent back out the same day. That if I remember the issues correctly seems much too quick, unless they determined the barrel hood slide issues weren't issues which I also find hard to believe.

If they had the parts and just replaced the whole top end, I could see that happening.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Jay said they did replace the whole guide rod assembly but NOT the slide. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and take them for their word that nothing is wrong with the slide in the state that it is with the damage created by peened barrel.

We shall see!

image.jpgimage.jpgUpdate: The CM9 has returned but I can't say for sure if this is a brand new barrel like I was told. If it is in fact new, the barrel already shows some peening from the 30 rounds they shot at the factory. I think they may have just sanded down the deformed metal. They went ahead and polished the feed ramp which was nice I guess. Saved me from having to do it although I was kind of looking forward to it anyway!

Time to put some rounds through it and see what happens, I suppose!