CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM9, Non beveled edge GRA and a Damaged Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Redstate View Post
    Is the guide rod assembly for the CM9 the only one with a screw, or am just missing the boat?
    Not sure about the MK9 but the CM9 has a flat faced nut on the end of the guide rod assembly. Yours may have it but hopefully Locktite was applied during assembly. I shouldn't see the screw end on mine but apparently it was forced off somehow during the first 200 rounds. Weird phenomenon but apparently it's not unheard of.

Thanks BuzzBomb414; all I see on the one for my MK9 is one end is stainless steel the other end a round plastic piece with a hole in the center. By the way, I certainly hope that Kahr resolves your issue to your satisfaction.

Well, I tried to FedEx it but was informed I need a Priority Overnight shipping label, not the Standard Overnight shipping label Kahr gave me for FedEx to ship a firearm. Called the service line but everyone out there is having fun with Blizzard '15 and stayed home!

I'm not sure I buy that. Kahr sends shipping labels regularly, they would know what's needed.

I'm thinking the FedEx employee is wrong on this one.

There's a difference between FFL/Manufacturers and private individuals for shipping.

No choice I guess but to be patient and wait for Kahr to make the call I guess.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I checked FedEx's website and it states you must have Priority to ship a firearm but I'm thinking now that the Kahr rep wanted me to send only the barrel and slide. He didn't say either way, just send it in. Again, he was very indifferent to my issue but to his defense it was Monday!

What do you think? Should I just send back the upper or the whole pistol?

They wanted my whole pistol and in your case I would send the whole thing.

Much as I hate waiting I'd wait for clarification from Kahr. Private party requires priority, not sure about a manufacturer/dealer.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

Much as I hate waiting I'd wait for clarification from Kahr.
    I think you're right. Thanks for the input.

Update: After talking with Kahr and being reassured that the shipping label they provided me would be sufficient, I again walked into a local Fedex branch and again was told that I could not ship a firearm without Priority status. After I was given a brief history lesson on 9/11, the Fedex desk clerk did a little research and discovered that Kahr has "special clearance" to issue Standard Overnight delivery labels. Apparently not all manufactures do. I was informed, however, that should any "red flags" be risen, I may have some 'splainin' to do!

Kahr should see the pistol tomorrow so hopefully the next update will be of good news. If you don't hear from me in next few days, assume I'm in Gitmo!

Kind of what I figured. It's kind of sad that carrier services seem to have this desire to rule the world instead of focusing on delivering stuff.

Again all boils down to lawyers and money makers.

Should be no "red flags" and the head lawyer is closing Gitmo so I'm sure they'll send you someplace else.
    Let us know where and I'll come visit.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

LOL, I'm not fully convinced that I have a "shippable" issue, but was wondering what the tactical issues were on shipping it back to Kahr. Thanks for the info.