Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-o 1911bko

Default A-o 1911bko

Anyone picked up one of these yet? Looks like a faithful reproduction of a WWII 1911, at an amazing price. $450 on Bud's. Is it made in the Phillipines?

I think I'm going to have to give this a try. I'd like to have a real vintage WWII 1911, but I can get three of these for the price of one worn out WWII model.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Wish I could tell you but I agree it is a neat looking pistol. I have an older Thompson model of that same gun and it's great to have around but well on it's way to being worn out. I understand that the Kahr/AO quality is much better. That's one of those guns where, if I saw it sitting in a gun case, it would be real hard for me to resist.
    ​O|||||||O

I think they are made in the USA now. Some articles I came across on Google says since Kahr bought AO all guns are made in America now. And quality has improved immensely.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Better quality and rock bottom price, what's not to like?

...and a fairly accurate representation of a WW2 GI model.
    ​O|||||||O

...with no worrying about damaging what I would consider a historical artifact.

Auto Ordnance pistols, both the old pre-Kahr West Hurley ones and the current Worcester, MA pistols have always been made in the USA. I bought one a long, long time ago around 1990 and it came with a hang tag saying "Made in America by Americans". Unfortunately the quality of it was such that they should've been embarrassed to admit it and should've just blamed it on the Chinese. Fortunately the new ones are made much better. The 1911BKO looks a lot like a WW2 M1911A1 pistol, but I really wish they hadn't put a Series 80 firing pin safety in there.

I love my Auto Ordnance BKO 1911 it been great value in quality craftsmanship that goes in making great American 1911 handgun.

I've been wanting the PKZE model, this thread really sold me:

http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com...d-milspec-1911

You cannot beat the AO 1911, especially for the price. I have two of them. They both are quite accurate. You just need good eyes for the mil sites! For a daily CCW though? if you are going to carry a government model, The AO 1911 is a workhorse. I have held new ones in my hands and am always impressed at how tight the frame to slide fit is. I think the AO 1911 is a great choice for a reasonably priced 1911.