Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range comment

Default Range comment

The other day I went to the pasture to shoot. That's where I've done most of my shooting lately. I carried my S&W model 14 38 special, my S&W model 18 22, as well as my Colt GCMN 45 and my Kimber 1911 rimfire target. I was shooting at 16-17 yards according to my range finder at a small shoot n see target. While I kept my shots well within the black, nothing resembled a decent group. Toward the end I finally started getting fair groups with the Colt, but I was still disgusted. Finally, I thought of my cm9 in my pocket. I unloaded the carry rounds and loaded 6+1 fmj in the Kahr and fired at again 16-17 yards and those 7 rounds grouped as well or better than I was getting with my Colt that day. At least, it made me feel a little better.

I'm a big fan of anything that makes ya feel better.

Sounds like a good place to shoot.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have noticed the same thing going from other trigger systems to the Kahr's. Their "dot the I" sights seem to work for me also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm a big fan of anything that makes ya feel better.

Sounds like a good place to shoot.
    Yes, it is a nice and convenient place to shoot being half a mile from home. On pretty days, I'll take a lawn chair to set and relax. Peaceful and all to myself. I usually just shoot handguns there but on occasion I shoot rifles. I can shoot up to 90 yards there before I drop off a terrace and I don't like the angle I would be shooting at then.

Usually, if I'm doing a lot rifle shooting I'll go to one of the public shooting ranges.

With handguns one minute of pie plate at 7 yards is more than adequate. In most self defense situations you'll only have time to point and shoot. If you want to kill someone at 100 yards use a rifle and shoot from a rest.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

"A minute of pie plate". Great line!
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by RRP View Post
    "A minute of pie plate". Great line!
    Homet prefers Pistol Whip. Mmmmmmmm, Pistol Whip![IMG][/IMG]

You may recall I desperately wanted to buy my grandparents old farm in Bowling Green Missouri a couple years ago. They passed many years ago and the owners son lived there and let the whole place go. House was basically unfixable, kind of sad.

I did a lot of research and planning, it was 96 acres but with farm fields all around for miles. It was and still is the only farm with a house on it. The rest people lived elsewhere and just worked the fields. So no crowding, just right.

I had a house all designed with an accessible crawl space including a small bunker for lack of a better term. Most good access to plumbing, insulation and all the things I can't get to where I'm at.

I figured with minimal work as it was rectangular and kind of L shaped I could get a 3000 yard range. Don't really need more than 200 for my PM45 and not much more for everything else so figured I have plenty of room.

Saddest part was it had two awesome blue gill and bass ponds on it too and he let them go too. Want to hang the bastard.

I'd of done it anyhow but it always comes down to money or lack there of.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

I'd of done it anyhow but it always comes down to money or lack there of.
    I hear ya Colonel. Been there done that. I've always been real frugal. My dad beat that into us growing up. So there have been plenty of things that I didn't do for lack of money...and sometimes just for lack of letting some go. But I prefer to focus on all the things I did get to do and all is good. Funny. Some of the best things didn't cost any money at all.
    ​O|||||||O

Most of my best things were free. Really!
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan