Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Kahr CM45 WILL NOT EXTRACT UN-FIRED ROUND... FIXED?

Default Kahr CM45 WILL NOT EXTRACT UN-FIRED ROUND... FIXED?

Hey guys, I found only a vague answer to my problem so I thought that I would post some detail hoping that it might help someone with the same issue.
    You will find the full page here... http://vtwingoodies.com/cm45_jam/cm45_jam.html

If someone knows how to embed the linked page, please help yourself.

I had the same problem with hollow points when I first got the CM45. About five minutes with a piece of sandpaper solved it quickly. I took very little off the barrel hood.

Quote Originally Posted by vtwingoodies View Post
    Hey guys, I found only a vague answer to my problem so I thought that I would post some detail hoping that it might help someone with the same issue.
    You will find the full page here... http://vtwingoodies.com/cm45_jam/cm45_jam.html

If someone knows how to embed the linked page, please help yourself.

VT:

Excellent write up in the included link.
    This issue has been discussed before; some cartridges are a little longer than others and are problematic, but your pictures and gunsmithing on the hood and the slide edge beveling shows a good understanding of the mechanics/physics involved in the ejection pattern problem solving.

Thanks; very impressive for a first post. And welcome to the forum.

-steve
    -NRA Life Member

-It isn’t Islamophobia when they really ARE trying to kill you!

-Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.
    Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    -Thomas Paine