Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Range Toy: I now own a SIG!!

Default My New Range Toy: I now own a SIG!!

I had been wanting to get a full-size 9mm for range use, not for CCW. I considered M&P, CZ, Glock, etc. but I always wanted to own a SIG, so I just picked this up today from my FFL. SIG SP2022, FDE, 9mm, SA/DA, 15+1, decocker, and factory night sights. I bought it from Grab-A-Gun. The description on the website said it came with only 1 mag. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I picked it up to discover that it came in a very nice case with not 1, but 2 mags (mags for this gun go for around $40.00, so getting the second mag with the gun made me very happy), as well as a decent Sig Sauer paddle holster and a different size back strap grip. All this for under $500.00! I know they can be had for less if you search around, but I thought this was an excellent value, especially with the factory night sights included.

This gun was and is produced under contract to the French government, for use by the French National Police, border guards, and other French LE agencies. The contract goes through the year 2022, hence the model designation SP2022. SIG has produced and sold tens of thousands of these to the French government; I suspect that is why they can be purchased so inexpensively by the public-the tooling has long since been amortized, so the cost to manufacture them is very low.

I will be going to the range tomorrow morning; plan to run at least 100 rounds through it. I will post s range report after. I have every reason to expect that it will run flawlessly based on reports from others.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

Nice. Made for Jeepster right out of the box. Isn't that a Jeepster color?

Looks good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Nice. Made for Jeepster right out of the box. Isn't that a Jeepster color?

Looks good.
    The photos I took make it look almost OD green, but in person the flat dark earth color of the gun is not green but more of a khaki/bronze color, in fact SIG calls the slide coating a "nitron bronze". The last 2 photos are stock photos I took off the SIG website. The gun is actually much darker than those photos make it appear, which is good. The gun looks much better in person than in the photos. I bought a black grip plate off of eBay that I can put on to make it two-tone, where the black grip panel matches the black trigger, mag baseplate, slide lock lever, and decocker lever. That gives the gun a cool look as well. I guess I'm weird, but the aesthetics of my guns are important to me; the mechanical precision, feel, and looks of my guns add to my enjoyment of the hobby. That's one of the reasons I like Kahr's so much-they just have a precision feel to them, like a Swiss watch..
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

Hold your head up son. Looking cool is job #1 with bawanna too.

Aesthetics are everything. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around plastic, and polymer stocks and smokeless powder.

So getting used to guns that ain't stainless or blued is something I'm working on too.

This particular gun looks good to me, maybe I'm getting more modernized after all. Been a long spell a coming.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Congrats! I bought a German 2022 when they first came out several years ago. If you like the size, I'm sure it will provide trouble free service for as long as you own it. I sold mine when I was moving toward 45's and smaller pistols, but as with all the SIG's I have owned, it never gave the first problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    ~ I'm still trying to wrap my mind around plastic, and polymer stocks and smokeless powder.

So getting used to guns that ain't stainless or blued is something I'm working on too.

This particular gun looks good to me, maybe I'm getting more modernized after all. Been a long spell a coming.
    It may be a tupperware gun, but it still holds something in common with your 1911. It has a hammer. Something old.....something new.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

I do seem to fancy hammers huh?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I have these available for sale, for sigs!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Nice! Someone else on this forum just posted about his new 2022 like a week or so ago. His was a black grip and FDE, looked good! He said it ran well too.
    I thought hard about picking one of these up last year when I think I saw them for around $350!

I have one Sig, my Tac-Ops 1911 and it is a very fine gun. Now I feel the need to add some more Sigs to my collection. I want one of the classic P series Sigs 220,228, etc???
    But one of these in FDE pops back up on my radar and the right price I may have to get it too!

You did good.....even if it is wrong color. [That could be fixed!]
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!