Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Found solution to FTF and failure to return to battery on CW 380

Find me a reliable 9mm or .45 pistol that drops right into the front pocket of my summer shorts without leaving a telltale bulge or droop and you've got a deal.

I know what you're saying though.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    It also might be a good time to up the caliber, and quit beating an already dead horse. Anyone reading this stuff would, if they had half a brain, never fool with a .380 period. Who has this kind of time and money to fool with these guns. They're small, and that's all. Purchase a firearm that actually works all of the time. They are out there you know. This .380 crap takes up the whole site. Thankfully, there are 9mm, .40 cal. and .45 cal. that run like Swiss watches. Also thankfully, there are other topics besides "my .380 works like s#!t", or "my .380 doesn't like any ammo."
    Lol, we get the fact that you do not want or like a 380. We get it. I carry both a 380 and 9mm. It would be ridiculous to argue the merits of the 380. Obviously it is a ongoing debate that has no end. Maybe you should get with the admin. and suggest they drop all 380 related threads. Sorry you were so offended by my post wishing to find compatible ammo for a pistol that I like and invested hard earned dollars on. You obviously are a senior member so I will bow out of the forum and no longer be a member. So in essence you win. And for the Record there have been many post of 380's that run great. I think you just like to pick and choose. Your name calling of all that enjoy the 380 is not only childish, but rude. Enjoy your 45 Sir.
    Admin. please delete all my post. Thank you.

No need for all that. Equally opposing thoughts and ideas don't make neither one wrong or right.

Its more a simple case of if it works for you your golden.

I personally have no use for pocket carry or the 380 caliber, really not overly fond of the 9mm but as my hands degenerate it certainly might be in my future and I own a few. Don't mean it isn't a good fit for other people.

Lets not get personal or overwrought. This is an oasis not a cage fighting ring. I do enjoy a good internet fisticuff from time to time but nobody lets me play anymore so we try to avoid them whenever possible.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    Find me a reliable 9mm or .45 pistol that drops right into the front pocket of my summer shorts without leaving a telltale bulge or droop and you've got a deal.

I know what you're saying though.
    I have one, and been carrying it for about 7 years now. It's called an MK9. I also don't worry about telltale bulges. The sheeple don't notice a thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Lol, we get the fact that you do not want or like a 380. We get it. I carry both a 380 and 9mm. It would be ridiculous to argue the merits of the 380. Obviously it is a ongoing debate that has no end. Maybe you should get with the admin. and suggest they drop all 380 related threads. Sorry you were so offended by my post wishing to find compatible ammo for a pistol that I like and invested hard earned dollars on. You obviously are a senior member so I will bow out of the forum and no longer be a member. So in essence you win. And for the Record there have been many post of 380's that run great. I think you just like to pick and choose. Your name calling of all that enjoy the 380 is not only childish, but rude. Enjoy your 45 Sir.
    Admin. please delete all my post. Thank you.
    You are correct.........the Admin. is well aware of what gets posted on this forum. I wasn't offended by your post at all. I didn't know I did any name calling. I have owned a .380, and got rid of it because of just the issues that are being hashed out over and over. In my opinion, NONE, and I repeat, NONE of the .380's out there are 100% reliable, and will never be. As far as being a senior member, believe me, it matters little in this world. Childish? OK, rude, nah. No reason to leave so soon. Nobody likes a quitter. This is a Kahr forum, and you will get opinions on what you post. Crying towels are not included with your subscription.

I own 2 LCPs. At least 500 rounds through each and they have functioned fine from the first round. I recently picked up an RM380 and so far, through 225 rounds, it has been flawless with 3 types of FMJ and 2 different Lehigh Defense rounds.

My son owns an LCP. It's been reliable from day 1.

My CW380 on the other hand was a disaster.

There are reliable pocket 380s out there that function from day 1 and aren't ammo finicky but Kahr isn't one of them.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I'm not totally on board with none of them being reliable. A few years ago I would have totally agreed with you.

But while we seem to hear about nothing lately but 380's I think there are many that run fine that we don't hear about.

Historically we always hear more about the bad ones than we do the good ones.

I grant thee they apparently can be troublesome, I don't dispute that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

True. There are certainly Kahr 380s that have run reliably as there are LCPs that have had issues and it's really hard to gauge how pervasive a problem is from Internet forums.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I've got a Glock 42 that just runs and runs and runs. At the same time I've seen posts from people on the Glock forums who were about ready to throw theirs into the nearest river. The smaller you go with a semi-auto handgun the more critical everything is regarding ammo, recoil springs, and overall condition and cleanliness of the firearm. There is simply no margin of error like there usually is with a full-sized handgun.

I guess at this point it's worth mentioning that I often carry an even smaller handgun... a Kel-Tec .32ACP. With that we're even further down the power scale, but it actually is the most reliable of all my pocket pistols (I don't count my G42 as a pocket gun because it still creates a noticeable bulge) so it gets carried when the situation warrants it. Puny as it is, it's still a powerful weapon compared to being caught completely unarmed.

I've had 4 CW and P 380s. 3 had no significant issues. The newest CW380 was very difficult out of the box and has required some breaking in. I'm no gunsmith. My solution is to clean it, lube it liberally with Balisol and a little silicon grease, including the magazine, shoot a box, rinse & repeat. With just over 100 rounds through it, I can now break it down without using any tools to poke the slide lock out, though I still need to use a table top to get the recoil springs/guide rod assembly back in place. Problem free using the old mag with standard round head fmj. With the new mag it failed to return to battery last time out about once per mag, but no jams like first time out. Pretty confident it will be fine with a little more breaking in.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899