Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: Found solution to FTF and failure to return to battery on CW 380

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Greg, did you just file and create a flat spot on the round pin, or did you try to keep it rounded. I filed mine flat. Relative to the slot in the slide, my leading edge of the extractor is now a little bit beyond it, into the ejection port. In otherwords, the edge from which your horizontal blue arrow extends, protrudes slightly beyond the slot in the slide (or into the ejection port).. That's a measure of now much I've removed. I haven't used it enough to see if it makes a difference. I didn't have a major FTF problem before, but I've got a new barrel and slide (Kahr replaced them when they replaced my broken striker) and I am experiencing some...

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Greg, did you just file and create a flat spot on the round pin, or did you try to keep it rounded. I filed mine flat. Relative to the slot in the slide, my leading edge of the extractor is now a little bit beyond it, into the ejection port. In otherwords, the edge from which your horizontal blue arrow extends, protrudes slightly beyond the slot in the slide (or into the ejection port).. That's a measure of now much I've removed. I haven't used it enough to see if it makes a difference. I didn't have a major FTF problem before, but I've got a new barrel and slide (Kahr replaced them when they replaced my broken striker) and I am experiencing some...
    I kept in rounded. The top, front edge of my extractor is just about even with the ejection port:

With your extractor sitting forward of that, does the barrel interfere with it?
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Here is what mine looks like. I see that mine is crooked a bit compare to yours. I put in a new extractor to compare, and it too sat the same way. It is still clear of he barrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It would be interesting to know if people who report no problems with ftf and/or battery have an extractor that lines up where yours does in the picture. Mine does not quite come forward enough to be even (round in the chamber I assume). My guess is if it's just a little too tight that it will slow the overall cycling process and affect feeding in various ways, particularly with thick rimmed casings. I wonder if it could change the feeding of the Lehigh rounds by speeding up the return to battery. There should be some physical explanation as to why some feed the XP and XD rounds and some guns don't (as well as other rounds of course).

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I kept in rounded. The top, front edge of my extractor is just about even with the ejection port:

With your extractor sitting forward of that, does the barrel interfere with it?
    Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by erichard; 02-05-2016 at 09:22 PM.