Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Found solution to FTF and failure to return to battery on CW 380

Quote Originally Posted by alsheppard View Post
    I used the search box for "return to battery and found this thread. I could not of hoped to find a better post than this. I am having the exact same problems with my CW380 including the Fiocchi business. I read this whole thread yesterday then ordered a new extractor, rods and spring from Kahr. When they get here I am going to follow your instructions and grind the post on the extractor. Sounds like an easy fix. Thanks for sharing. You have to be pretty pistol wise to see stuff like that.
    Well, I did grind .015" off the front of the extractor pin on my CW380. I reassembled it and put 115 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. I'll go back out to the range next week for further testing. I'm going to take a box of fiocchi ammo I abandoned in the cupboard and see how it runs. It seems the fix described by Mr. tigman is a winner.

When I first received my P380, it shot Fiocchi with no problem, but I started getting light strikes and FTRB. I eventually sent it back to Kahr, and they replaced the frame because they said mine was cracked. Since I received it back, mine has been nearly perfect, but it won't feed Fiocchi at all now.

Interesting.

I spent the time to document this fix hoping it would help others. I just dug this thread up to update it to say I have also repaired a friends CW 380 and its worked beautifully on that firearm as well. It's wonderful that so many are finding it helpful!! Hope Kahr is reading, .005" more clearance is all they need for these little fellas to feed reliably.

Thanks to you Tigman250,
    I apparently may have the similar issue.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...sh-out-the-box

Tigman,
    Is there a better way you could show the surface that you machined down?
    I saw the one photo, but I'd like to be certain.
    Thanks again for your efforts and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Macc View Post
    Tigman,
    Is there a better way you could show the surface that you machined down?
    I saw the one photo, but I'd like to be certain.
    Thanks again for your efforts and skills.
    If you'll excuse me interjecting my 2 cents worth here: after noticing that Fiocchi rims were thicker, I did what tigman suggested when I was rebuilding my PM380. Here's a photo showing the area that I addressed:

Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 04-18-2021 at 02:31 PM.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks for the illustration. I'm looking for something similar for polishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Greg, for the extra photo/illustration.That clears it up for me.

Greg, did you just file and create a flat spot on the round pin, or did you try to keep it rounded. I filed mine flat. Relative to the slot in the slide, my leading edge of the extractor is now a little bit beyond it, into the ejection port. In otherwords, the edge from which your horizontal blue arrow extends, protrudes slightly beyond the slot in the slide (or into the ejection port).. That's a measure of now much I've removed. I haven't used it enough to see if it makes a difference. I didn't have a major FTF problem before, but I've got a new barrel and slide (Kahr replaced them when they replaced my broken striker) and I am experiencing some...