Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth trading in the LCP?

Default Worth trading in the LCP?

I'm on a Kahr kick.

Love my CM9, going to love my PM45 if I ever get to shoot it (hopefully next week), and the P/CW380 sure looks nice and I do like the Kahr trigger (and hate the POS they put on the LCP). For you folks that've owned or shot both, would it be worth the trade?

I don't know why you would use the LCP after acquiring a P380. If it makes financial sense, trade the Ruger.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

LCP...............lousy trigger, lousy sights............................................ .why not?

If you can afford it, buy the Kahr and keep the Ruger till the Kahr is through the break in period and is working for you. Then sell the LCP.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    If you can afford it, buy the Kahr and keep the Ruger till the Kahr is through the break in period and is working for you. Then sell the LCP.
    Truth.

But I'm keeping my LCP even though the CT380 is now my EDC.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Or just keep it, and use it as a back-up to a back-up. Depends on trade-in trade price.

This is good advice, particularly in light of the recent striker problems with the Kahr 380s.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

I am in the middle of this. Still working out the kinks in my cw380, the LCP is in my front pocket.

I sold my LCP (did not like shooting it, my hand hurt after a couple of magazines) and bought a PM9. A more powerful round and just about as concealable (for me anyway)...

I have one of the newer model LCP's w/the improved trigger. I have found it to be quite a nice little carry piece. Totally reliable and accurate.