CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CW380 misfire / click no bang issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyT View Post
    I modified the striker as described AND also fabricated an extra power striker spring to make sure that I will not have another light strike with this carry pistol.

Wolff Gunsprings offers extra power recoil spring sets for Kel-Tec P3AT. I used the inner recoil spring of their 11LB recoil spring set, and cut off a couple of coils to adjust the length. This created an extra power striker spring (for my Kahr P380) that is the same length as the Kahr factory original striker spring but just a hair stronger.

I have not collected enough data to determine whether or not an extra power striker spring is necessary to go with the modified striker. Chances are that I may not need an extra power striker spring. However, the bottomline is that I would rather have a pistol that reliably ignites the primer of each and every cartridge in the magazine than a pistol with only slightly lighter trigger pull but cannot reliably ignite primers of my carry ammo....
    The P380 is extremely small and impressive, and it's also quite expensive here in CA. After reading this thread and elsewhere, don't think I'd buy the P380. One shouldn't have to go to such lengths to create a reliable firearm, though you have stated the extra power spring may not be required.

I have a new PM9 and hope that issue is not prevalent with those.

Wish you the best with your difficulty.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by kahrinca View Post
    The P380 is extremely small and impressive, and it's also quite expensive here in CA. After reading this thread and elsewhere, don't think I'd buy the P380. One shouldn't have to go to such lengths to create a reliable firearm, though you have stated the extra power spring may not be required.

I have a new PM9 and hope that issue is not prevalent with those.

Wish you the best with your difficulty.
    I have a California approved P380 and haven't had any problems with the gun. My problems were with underpowered reloads. 2.5 grains of tightgroup (minimum load) was not enough to work the slide, causing stovepipes. After adjusting my loads, zero problems.

Don't let the reports of problems change your mind, remember the rule...If your happy with your purchase, you will tell 2-3 people, if your upset, you will tell 30-40...lol
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets