CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Carry is DEAD in TX this Legislative Session

Default OC Carry is DEAD in TX this Legislative Session

Another in a growling list of stories that show definitively that the OC dunces are causing more difficulties than they are helping. I wonder if they are being paid as "False Front", Red Flag", "Agent Provocatuers" to derail CCW and OC???

http://bearingarms.com/sunk-constitu...paign=baupdate
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Another in a growling list of stories that show definitively that the OC dunces are causing more difficulties than they are helping. I wonder if they are being paid as "False Front", Red Flag", "Agent Provocatuers" to derail CCW and OC???
    Not sure if it was a typo, but "growling list" is a good description.

They're like they're Guy Fawkes anarchists and OWS thugs, but with ARs. Money (sometimes taxpayer money!) has been funneled to those types to pay their way to show up, protest, cause trouble, maybe instigate a riot. So its not a crazy thought that somebody is greasing this "spontaneous" movement too.

Actually I doubt anything the clowns do is intentional, but whats the difference? Gun control advocates lose political fights consistently, EXCEPT when these cop hating nut jobs act out. The effect is the same as if they were deliberately sabotaging support for self defense rights, but I think they just want to sabotage whatever they can get away with trashing.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I get the OC zealot's message, but not their actions.
    I am the Living Man

Constitutional carry bill is the one that will not be heard. Another bill proposing open carry for licensees is still alive. There's still a chance!!

The Open Carry Tarrant County organization has been excommunicated by Open Carry Texas. They are a group of radical open carry supporters. They do much more to hurt their cause than help it. Texas is quite conservative, I don't see the extreme right or extreme left getting much done. (Open Carry Tarrant County and Moms Demand Action)

Being a resident of Tarrant County, I wish these guys would sit down and shut up! Doing much more harm than good to all of our reputations. As a CC license holder, I have no desire to open carry, don't want to be the first target. Can't imagine carrying my rifle around either. That being said, the new Lt. Governor, Dan Patrick, better just let it come to a vote as he promised in his campaign or he will be hearing from all of us who value the 2nd.

After you lose your right to carry openly, how long do you think it will be before you lose the right to carry concealed? Bearing arms is a God given constitutionally guaranteed right. The State has no right to limit it. You'll only lose the right if if the left divides and conquers. No one is forcing you to exercise that right.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    After you lose your right to carry openly, how long do you think it will be before you lose the right to carry concealed? Bearing arms is a God given constitutionally guaranteed right. The State has no right to limit it. You'll only lose the right if if the left divides and conquers. No one is forcing you to exercise that right.
    I understand the slippery slope position and I agree; however the argument can be made that the constitution does not say anything about concealment or lack of--CCW is still (no less)bearing arms
    Last edited by knkali; 02-10-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Not sure if it was a typo, but "growling list" is a good description.
    It was and I get your thought.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Bearing arms is a God given constitutionally guaranteed right. The State has no right to limit it.
    Agreed but the absolutism with no compromise is an almost guarantee to see what we do not want done to get done. The reality it comes down to it is, better to have part of a loaf than no loaf at all.