CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Government to Takeover the Internet

I heard someone on the news saying this is no different from the 1st Amendment. I wanted to reach through the speaker and slap some dang sense into the moron. It's the very thing the 1st Amendment was written to prevent.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Well big Gubment decides the citizens need to be supervised, monitored and ultimately taxed for internet use.......

https://www.bostonherald.com/busines...ternet_service

I guess Obummer was telling the truth when he promised to fundamentally change the United States of America.....
    Did anyone doubt it? He may well go down in history as the worst pres we've had but so far he is the most successful.

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    Did anyone doubt it?
    Well, yes. One of our members tried to convince us it was nothing to worry about and we only opposed it because we're Obama-haters.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

the beginning of the end.....hope I am wrong though
    I am the Living Man

"OMG we're all doomed. Doomed I say DOOMED!" - overheard at a bar with Verizon, Comcast and AT&T...*

*not really, but their ability to stifle competition will be reduced as a result of this move. The whole "government takeover" angle was a brilliant marketing spin by their lobbyists. There's a reason they're paid top dollar - they're worth it.

Doomed is a bit strong....perhaps misguided is better.
    I am the Living Man

Not an Obama hater. Not at all. Just can't stand two faced liars. That's all. No big deal.

I am an Obama hater and I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it.

I think deep down I'm a hater. Especially most folks in politics. Seen a woman this morning discrediting hillary for standing up for womans rights but accepting money from countries that give woman no rights, she's all about the money like most and the woman doing the discrediting will likely die in a major car accident in the next week or two. I can feel it in my cells.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think "Doomed may be a stretch but yesterday we saw 3 unelected Bureaucrats sign a paper giving the Federal Government the power to control internet content which to me is a very scary prospect....Why do we need more laws, regulations and heavy handed control over something that was just fine the way it was....We are allowing the Nanny State to decide everything for us because they believe we aren't smart enough to think for ourselves....This is rich coming from an administration that spent a Billion dollars trying to build a web site that wouldn't work.....Sad really....Hopefully they will still allow sites like this one that talk about evil "Guns" to exist in their new controlled content universe....

All the Sheeple have to do to lose their freedom is to stand by quietly and allow it to be taken away without a fight....

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I am an Obama hater and I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it.

I think deep down I'm a hater. Especially most folks in politics.
    Agreed.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up