Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: Help me Here...Did KAHR Ever Sell a Shorter Grip Framed TP9 in the Past?

Default Help me Here...Did KAHR Ever Sell a Shorter Grip Framed TP9 in the Past?

Hey all,

This is my first post and although I like KAHR pistols, I don't own one yet. I joined because I need help. I have tried in vain to talk to the people at KAHR and the guy that answers their TECH line, just acts as though I'm some sort of a NUT.

Here's the thing. Probably 10 years ago I was nosing through a shaggy looking Pawn Shop out in the sticks of backwoods West Virginia. Not expecting much, I looked through their pistol cases and right there in front of my was a KAHR. It was a TP series because of the longer slide. AS I handled it, I verified that it was a TP9. What a wonderful feeling pistol. It had just the perfect balance, feel, point-ability, you name it. I wanted it. Unfortunately we couldn't come to terms and I had to walk away from it. I kept it in mind though.

Fast forward to present day. When I moved to Texas I thought when I get my CCW here I will get a new pistol to carry and I'd like to get a KAHR. Then I thought about that TP9 that I handled all those years ago and set about finding one. I went to Gunbroker and looked and to my surprise the TP9 they now have listed is nothing like the one I handled. It's much longer in the grip frame and the end of the frame is almost to the end of the slide too. It doesn't even look as nice as the one I want did. I thought there had to be a mistake somewhere and that on the KAHR site I would be able to find the TP9 version I was wanting. NOPE. No sign of it anywhere.

I decide to call KAHR and ask about this version of the TP9 that I have had in my mind all these years. The guy that answered the TECH line acts like I'm a NUT. He tells me that KAHR NEVER made a version of the TP9 that I am talking about. He insisted that I must've been holding a "chopped" down version of it. NO WAY. This was a FACTORY TP9. The lines on the frame and grip were perfect. If this was a custom CHOP Job, there is a POLYMER Working Michelangelo in Wayne County, West Virginia that needs to be found ASAP.

That call was about a month ago. I decided to call again today and see if I got a different guy to ask. Either it is the same guy or one that has the same knowledge as he did. This guy too was rather forceful in his denial that KAHR ever made such a TP9 and said that it has ALWAYS BEEN THE WAY IT APPEARS TODAY. He said they have been making them this way from the time they rolled off the line the first time.

There wasn't any need to go on so I just ended the call. Now I am wondering if I was dreaming back in the day about that TP9 that I saw and lusted after.

One thing is sure though, they DON'T make one like that NOW. SO that leaves me in a bit of a jam if I want one.

I guess I will have to get a CT9 and find someone that can cut it down for me to get what I want.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks for the time and any help you can give me.

Nalajr

Your not a "nut" LOL. Here is some info for you on the gun you probably seen. He talks about, and shows pics of the changes to the new model vs the old towards the bottom.
    http://unreadbits.blogspot.com/2006/...p9-review.html

Can anyone clear this up for me?
    Yes, the original TP9 had a P frame, short grip and short dust cover, and a long slide. You see them for sale now and again.

Here's one on Gunbroker. Says new but it's a few years old.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=467580409
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Your both correct! there is such a gun and you are a "nut"
    That make's you welcome to the forum
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Thank you all for the help.

Nalajr

I swapped frames and put my wife's CW9 frame on my CT9 slide, so it's basically the same thing you saw at that pawnshop. Of course now my wife has a taller grip on her CW9 slide but she doesn't carry IWB like I do and therefore is cool with it.

I had 2 of them and foolishly traded them away. I remain convinced if Kahr were to put the T9 upper mated to the K9 lower, Kahr could not keep up with the demand.

Swamper