Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bersa 380 cc jamming

Default Bersa 380 cc jamming

I had this on the bersa forum but that place is a ghot town so maybe people here can help me. My bersa 380cc has less than 1k rounds through it. It is my second one. They replaced my first one because it was a jamming pos. However this one also jams. My new bersa is also jamming the same way. With both mags. I normally get through the first mag ok but then I cant get through another mag without at least one jam. The round goes nose up. It's hard to get a good grip on this little gun but I'm definitely not limp wristing. It seems to continuously happen on the fifth and last round in the magazine. I took pics of the jam. I can't find anything obviously wrong with it. This is a bummer. It does it with any ammo I try. I have the original mag and a mec gar mag with pinky extension. I don't doubt that it's something simple. I want to carry this gun so I would like to work it out. Perhaps it is caused by where the feed ramp on the frame meets the feed ramp of the barrel? Thanks in advance

My wife has one of those, she has never had any issues, it's on the large side for a .380 and the recoil is very manageable.
    I would have someone else shoot it, and see if the problem follows the gun or stays home with the shooter.
    I know you think you are not limp wresting, you might be. It would explain your issues.
    I would also run it on the wet side for the first few hundred rounds.

Bersa .380s are known to be ammo sensitive. Are these problems with one brand? Your feed ramp looks normal.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I can't tell from the pic, but is there a smooth transition where the ramp meets the lower
    edge of the barrel? If not, that may be a spot where the bullet gets cocked upward.

As said above, have someone else shoot it also..............
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.

If it's anything like the Bersa Thunder .22 the chamber rim is very sharp. You might try relieving that a little with a die maker file if it needs it. Not sure if the .380 has a recoil spring that is larger diameter on one end but you might measure them. The larger end is the barrel end.

The first thing that I'd try is a new recoil spring. You might also bend the feed lips of the magazines in a little bit. A better plan might be to trade it in on a CT380 from Kahr.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Looks like Bersa took some short cuts on "Quality" construction!

The above suggestions may very well solve your problem. If not, I thought of one other possibility.

Maybe the magazine springs are weak, and not getting the next round positioned in time to feed correctly. Seems more possible if your problem is often in the last round or two of a mag.

Perhaps a company like Wolf would have something that fits and is stiffer. Just a thought...

Seems like every firearm you have is nothing but trouble.................................get a spear

We have 3 bersa in the family and they run great with any ammo brand tried . They have well over 1000 rounds thru each now with ZERO problems. Never use euro ammo brands but have tried 6 or 7 domestic labels in fmj and hp and may coated reloads and eats all like popcorn.
    f
    I'm with berettabone You seem to have issues with anything . If you have a friend that owns a 380 let him have your handgun and 20 bucks to replace any ammo they use and leave . Lets hear how it works for some one else .